Trans doin weird things

BurbankBusaBoy

Registered
I have a 01" busa with about 7500 on the clock. The trans shifts smooth when im moving but does some weird stuff from time to time. Today i was coasting in neutral and tried to drop it into first and it wouldnt go....i ended up releasing the clutch and pulling it in again like u do in a car thats loseing reverse....ne ways as soon as i did that it dropped right in to first....Ive also noticed that in 1st and 2nd if i let off the clutch a little quick i hear a click from the trans and then it engages a little hard......i adjusted the chain but i still think it might be the culprit.......just thought id see what u guys thought....thanks.......Mike

Mines does that from time to time, never really understood why but from what I hear is that some of this stuff is normal
rock.gif

I have a 01" busa with about 7500 on the clock.
She's mad at you for not paying enough attention to her.

The trans shifts smooth when im moving
Now that is weird.  I haven't heard of that with a Busa before.

.......just thought id see what u guys thought....thanks.......Mike
I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Sometimes the splines don't line up quite right when it comes to a stop.  Giving the tranny a little spin (letting the clutch out) lines it back up.

mine does the same when braking from +- 60km/h in 6th gear and trying to slowly shift down without releasing the clutch after each shift.ive realized that if it doesn't shift down you can release the clutch and then pull it in again and it will shift immediately afterwards.

Mine does that sometimes at a stop light, only if i go into N its sometimes hard to get it into gear. Either roll the bike or let the cluch out and try it again. Dennis is right, sometimes they just dont line up right

Mine is finicky about shifting sometimes when it's not rolling. The Busa is not the only bike that does this, it's inherent of a bike's tranny design. Best to make sure you're in first as you are rolling to a stop. Not good to coast in neutral and attempt to shift into gear while still moving at speed either. Can make for some pretty nice grinding.

mine acts like yours sometimes, it is just the tranny acting up so don't mind it much. If you are worried then change the oil in the bike since it lubes the tranny also and see if it gets better.

its just because the gears aren't perfectly lined up. Mine does this from time to time.... don't worry about it.
smile.gif

Back