Tranforming into a ST-King

I had risers that came off a different bike, it was much better but the angle was too straight and they looked like hell because they didn’t match the stock shape and were not black. I took a weird detour from the playbook. I went with dirt bike Reathels, black with a three inch rise, it even has the cross bar. Heat was added and the angle back is custom to my neutral position. Drilled holes for the detent and put the original grips ect. back on. I had to reroute the accelerator cables and reanchor the front hydraulic line. The cross bar is for all the extras camera, GPS, sound system and radar. Pics soon

Pics

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

ZG-MAC, I guess I am way behind the curve. Could you be kind enough to tell me where to get the cases and brackets and what the product number is for this equipment. I think your application is perfect for what I want to do. Thank you, in advance. troypennock447@gmail.com

troy, The whole system is from bikes that I no longer own. The top rack is 3/16 plate aluminum that ties into the back seat mounting and two frame cowling anchor points. The side racks are off a 05 Vstrom 1000 that came with the bike from the factory. I do believe there is a better rack out there somewhere that would not need as much changing to make it work. I do like the final rack I made it is very strong and has 4 points back to the main loop rather than 3 like my 07 Bandit. The Bandit rack would have come closer to fitting but I still love that bike and don't plan on cannibalizing it. I have other posts in a luggage thread you could look at as well.
The rack that was cut to fit was a Givi rack

Has anyone put the yosh r77 full system on the King? It would be light and low, but how much trouble would it be eliminating to o2 censer and the exhaust valve controller ?

bking25-09064.jpg

I really love my bike naked if the trips are a tank full and speeds are under 70mph. That said most real trips include slab speeds and hours that exceed my resolve. The wind is too much to enjoy on week plus excursions, and the rain that is inevitable.
So the quest for real protection was on. Most forums be it Vstrom, Bandit, VFR, B-King, ect. the windshield threads dominate. To me if the shield height is not equal to the lower line of the helmets face shield the protection isn’t good.
Enter the Memphis Shade( I can hear some of you laugh clear over here in Colorado)
Coming up with a mounting kit was a real pain but I persevered. The people at MS are not much help when it comes to custom bikes If they ever make a kit for the XR1200 it will bolt right up.

I's 12 hear this morning and last weekend was cool as well. The windshield was off a 919 and is not to stay for the long term but is welcome for the last fall rides. The top rack and exhaust hangers made the Vstrom side racks eazy to cut down to fit the King.
But this is only 1 passenger kit :) How about ST with driver and a passenger kit ? Does it exist ?

The riding on and around the Beartooth is the best motorcycling in the USA. The road work was finished and the weather was threatening but stayed dry for two days of runs. If you spend the time to get there, run it more than once both ways. Pre ride before free ride. I would like to spend some time looking for a great advantage point to capture the pass in pictures like the photos of the roads in the European alps.
Idaho has great country and the roads along the rivers are amazing and crazily twisted BUT the chip and seal rather than black top really detracts from the planed agenda.
The King is just that The King. Only once did I find the gas tank too small (had to fuel at 60 miles to not sweat the 200 run) 2000 MILES and 1600 Smiles Some are strait and long however the king eats them up very quickly.
I have an Air Hawk pad that worked great, I took a repair kit but did not need it.
The load looks heavy but what is in the yellow tail pack is foam and air mattress I need a good night sleep.
As for the Bat wing faring, only one afternoon of rain but on the road most days by 5:30am-- 45 degrees (no traffic and calm air). It was outstanding; I’m 6’2â€￾and have broken my neck on two different occasions on long trips good wind protection is a must. I knew that the products available where too short. In heavy truck traffic the wind blast was felt by the bike but more than tolerable for me. IT WORKS.

DSC00777.jpg

it's ugly, but incredibly functional, and for that sir, i must tip my hat to you.

That's a long way to go to get an ugly version of this:

2011 Concours on Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel at dawn

600_243081752.jpe

But we do what we must to get where we want!

PS - love my B-King

Back