Tragic police shooting

Continue making fun of this and we'll all be under arrest for conspiring to slander a police officer :laugh:

I understand your point and there are certainly incidents that do not warrant the LEOs response. but in this situation, I believe the act was warranted because, although he was protesting rather peacefully, he was resisting arrest. What else can the cop do at this point? ...
sorry for the threadjack OP.

Since there was no urgency or indication of any threat to the officer or anyone else and there were only five protestors in total, I would have seen fit to simply manage one protestor at a time, meaning, all officers on one protestor at a time. This would allow the application of extreme but non-violent force to gain compliance.

I have no qualms that the guy was technically resisting arrest and not obeying the officers orders as he should have and I fiercely believe that officers have every right to use force to defend themselves and protect the public, but as it stands, there was no perceivable threat and the officer slammed the guy down on a very hard surface that could have resulted in minor injury to both the officer and the protestor, up to and including broken/shattered bones.

for some reason I keep hearing Troy from Swamp People yelling "boh that's a beeg one, shoot eme, shoot eme".:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back