Votes: 13 4.9%
  • no i dont like it, looks ugly

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • no i dont like it, tire is to big

Votes: 12 4.5%
  • no i dont like it, for other reasons

Votes: 19 7.1%

• Total voters
I can likely have one built how ever you want, if you don't find a shelf item..

does anyone happen to know what the minimum stretch you can do with the 240 kit? I know that the shorter the stretch the more radically off the chain will become, but I would only really like to do it on my bike if I could keep the stretch to +4 or less....

Here's a couple pics of my routing toyz 240. It has the 2-4 over arm. There isn't much grinding at all with the kit on the gen II. I really only ground off the paint and just a hair bit Of metal and its clear.

View attachment 256739

View attachment 256740

Sorry to hafta ask you Lycan, but you wouldn't have any side shots of this setup handy would you? I'm trying to figure out how stretched the 240 looks with the +2-3 in terms of tail clearance and overall wheelbase... of course, since Im going to be doing this on a Gen 1, I'll hafta imagine a bit more, but it'll be helpful :)

Sorry to hafta ask you Lycan, but you wouldn't have any side shots of this setup handy would you? I'm trying to figure out how stretched the 240 looks with the +2-3 in terms of tail clearance and overall wheelbase... of course, since Im going to be doing this on a Gen 1, I'll hafta imagine a bit more, but it'll be helpful :)

No worries. I have a couple pics of it in the garage here on the site so if you go there you can see them. Here is one that I have handy though. I can tell you that on the Gen I it would look almost stock from the side. I had to go to almost 3 because of the 18/45 setup. A 17/42 would be a little shorter than mine.

image-1937710503.jpg

image-2631627164.jpg

image-2631627164.jpg

image-1937710503.jpg

Man, that looks SO good! I'd love to do this and get a bit more meat on the rear; it really seems to accentuate the muscular lines on the busa, and I really like how it still looks at home on the proportions of the bike. One of my major complaints on the big tire kits is the massive stretch that generally comes with it, I think it makes the bike look unbalanced...with this kind of setup, it looks like you could really have the best of both worlds.

EDIT: Gotta Ask thou, what kinda clearance does the tire have to the sides of the tail fairing? I'm going to be running dual high mount exhaust, and I'd almost be afraid of it contacting under compression if it was close enough in. xD

Thanks for the compliments. I had to raise the rear more than I wanted because I was rubbing the bottom when it hit bumps. So it's raised now and I stiffened the rear spring a little and it's good to go. Its still lower than stock just mot as low as i wanted. On the Gen I with dual high mounts I think you should be fine but not positive.

I haven't had any problems with the setup. I do notice the larger heavier wheel on initial take off but after that its just a smooth ride. That problem will be taken care of with my next project which is port and polish head and cams. You are right about the best of both worlds though. It looks nice and I can still ride the way I want.

The sides on the GEN II are wider so there are no issues.

Back