Torque Numbers on the DYNO

OB_ZXALAN

Registered
:(

[This message has been edited by ZXALAN (edited 11 July 2000).]

[This message has been edited by ZXALAN (edited 11 July 2000).]

I had my bike dynoed this weekend, but unfortunately I couldn't find a spark plug wire to grab hold of so that I could get torque numbers without taking off some body work.

Does anyone know which wire I need to grab so that I can get RPM data without taking off the fairings. We looked under the seat, but couldn't make head nor tail of which wires were running to the coil.

Thanks in advance! :)

Pull your left side fairing out you should see the blue/white to #1(i think blue/white...?) Anyway, pull your airbox off and you'll see exactly what you want. Doesnt take 5 min.

I don't wanna have to take off the fairings, airbox or anything. I was hoping that I could just take off the seat and grab one of the wires leading to/from the ECU.

How sure are you that it's blue/white?

Same white/blue wire but going into ECU under the front seat!

Unless of course you don't wanna take seat of either?

Page 8-15 in the service manual says W/Bl so I'm backwards. You don't have to remove it dude, just pull it out a little just under the frame and look in there, you'll see.

Booost; hehehe.

Or find a dyno with extra-sensory-perception that can telepathically scan your engine in the safety of your own garage and give back data without even starting it?

sorry couldnt resist!!! :) :)

Thanks Animal,

Which of the connectors on the box is going into the box...the right or the left? Throttle grip side or the other side?

Look...I'm just taking my bike up there for the dyno run. I don't want to have to drop my faring's if I don't have to.

BTW, I know a girl can do it Boost...Cuz you've done it right?

Rightmost connector (throttle grip side) and with a bit of effort you can work that wire out between the rest of them enough to get the dyno pickup around it for good signal.

ZXALAN,

I'm sure that's par for the course with you...ZXALAN walking around with a load in his pants...That's pretty funny.

;)

If you are going for a dyno run, let the dyno operator connect the rpm sensor. He will use the while wire with a blue stripe that is under your seat going into the (ECM).

Thanks for confirming my remarks, Jeff.

I only knew because I was at my local Dynojet outlet with my Busa this last Saturday for a reminder of which wire to pick on the Busa.

Back