Top Speed of Gen 2 before & after de-restricted

I ran 185mph 30 times with the stock limiter on the bike..
Stock gearing it ran 192 mph but I ran out of gearing as the bike was on the back side of the cams... " I raised limiter to 11,400" but the bike won't pull that far in 6th"

I am purchasing a +1 front sprocket to hit the magic 200mph mark hopefully this weekend.

Mike

I went 18/41 for the same results. Are you using a fresh OEM tire? That will be the other key depending on your mods. :thumbsup:

It will be close in 1-mile but if you are running 1.5-mile+ no problem pulling 200 with a proper tuck and setup... :laugh:

Let us know... :beerchug:

I went 18/41 for the same results. Are you using a fresh OEM tire? That will be the other key depending on your mods. :thumbsup:

It will be close in 1-mile but if you are running 1.5-mile+ no problem pulling 200 with a proper tuck and setup... :laugh:

When you ram the 204, what basic mods did you have?
My friend is hellbent telling me a stock Busa can run over 200 with the limiter removed.

Yeah tire has about 500 miles on it "got a nail or org"...so I should be good there. Did you have enough adjustment to run the 18/41 with the stock chain? I really hate to pull the plastic etc off to swap that front gear for a single run then come home and pull it off vs just placing on a 41 in the rear!

Let me know,
Mike

When you ram the 204, what basic mods did you have?
My friend is hellbent telling me a stock Busa can run over 200 with the limiter removed.

Click the link in my sig, it has EVERY mod from stock 182 to 200+! ;)

Tell your friend to prove it himself... :rofl: Even the UK mag that claimed to have done it changed gearing AND had a 20mph+ tailwind...

(Remember there is a BIG difference in 1-mile speeds and overall TOP SPEED!)

Yeah tire has about 500 miles on it "got a nail or org"...so I should be good there. Did you have enough adjustment to run the 18/41 with the stock chain? I really hate to pull the plastic etc off to swap that front gear for a single run then come home and pull it off vs just placing on a 41 in the rear!

Let me know,
Mike

There is room for 18/41 but if you go 18/40 you'll have to take a link out of the chain. If you hit the limiter in 1-mile (207ish) then I would go 19/43 or 42 for a little more. :thumbsup:

I was wearing a sweatshirt "flammers relax", and my Scorp helm at the time. I weigh 215 and use the stock shield.

M
yeah I guess at that speed, ATGATT is going to help much, other than making it easie for the paramedics to pour whats left out into a bag, lol

Man thats just FAST

Well if you've ran 200 with 18/41 I will try that first since I really despise pulling off the fairings to run a single pass or 2 to just get 200...I don't care to run the absolute max speed possible...just want to break 200mph. I've been told you can run 200 with 18/41 but the concern was enough adjustment in the stock chain to allow it to fit. I believe 200 is just about it for that gearing with the stock cams though.... I also read your write up...190hp stock is almost too good to be true...that's a rare bike my friend. I have pipe and ECU flashed with 20/50 amsoil with Ryan Schnitz tunning and both my 08 Busa and 09 Busa pulled 184hp at the wheel at 107 tq I still run the stock filter but that's only good for 1-2 for a Piper or Bmc race. I mfg those ram air kits back in 2000 for my old busa and sold a few hundred to members back then LOl. I've not done it to the 09 yet...just curious to break the 200 and I have about 12 mile stretch to do it in =0)

Thanks again,
M

Last edited:
Well if you've ran 200 with 18/41 I will try that first since I really despise pulling off the fairings to run a single pass or 2 to just get 200...I don't care to run the absolute max speed possible...just want to break 200mph. I've been told you can run 200 with 18/41 but the concern was enough adjustment in the stock chain to allow it to fit. I believe 200 is just about it for that gearing with the stock cams though.... I also read your write up...190hp stock is almost too good to be true...that's a rare bike my friend. I have pipe and ECU flashed with 20/50 amsoil with Ryan Schnitz tunning and both my 08 Busa and 09 Busa pulled 184hp at the wheel at 107 tq I still run the stock filter but that's only good for 1-2 for a Piper or Bmc race. I mfg those ram air kits back in 2000 for my old busa and sold a few hundred to members back then LOl. I've not done it to the 09 yet...just curious to break the 200 and I have about 12 mile stretch to do it in =0)

Thanks again,
M

You'll have no problem if you can tuck and have a long enough road. I went 204.4 and a friend (Bob) went 206.9 with that gearing in 1-mile.

My bike isn't as strong as everyone thinks. It only pulled 175.9 SAE stock and 189.9 SAE with ALL the bolt-on's. It took the race fuel to get her to 195.6 SAE. That seems to be inline with my friends running similar speeds, maybe we got Wednesday bikes... :beerchug:

There are many different variables I guess... Oil weight, Sea level, ram air during dyno, position on dyno wheel etc etc. That's impressive and maybe I got a Friday bike lol...although both were very close "my 08/09" so /shrug

I guess that Ryan's place don't have the sproket "41T" in stock so I maybe a few days later trying to break the 200 mark. Thanks again for your time...and I'll post my results...

M

I had a 99 Busa with a full Muzzy pipe, air box mode and, power commander that went over 200 mph :race:

Well if you've ran 200 with 18/41 I will try that first since I really despise pulling off the fairings to run a single pass or 2 to just get 200...I don't care to run the absolute max speed possible...just want to break 200mph. I've been told you can run 200 with 18/41 but the concern was enough adjustment in the stock chain to allow it to fit. I believe 200 is just about it for that gearing with the stock cams though.... I also read your write up...190hp stock is almost too good to be true...that's a rare bike my friend. I have pipe and ECU flashed with 20/50 amsoil with Ryan Schnitz tunning and both my 08 Busa and 09 Busa pulled 184hp at the wheel at 107 tq I still run the stock filter but that's only good for 1-2 for a Piper or Bmc race. I mfg those ram air kits back in 2000 for my old busa and sold a few hundred to members back then LOl. I've not done it to the 09 yet...just curious to break the 200 and I have about 12 mile stretch to

I think I'd go with a lighter amsoil, shear strength is close but easier to pump freeing up some HP, remove seat for some can help your tuck and for a cheap defeat of the limiter use a speedohealer it will also correct your way off speedometer when your done. Mine is as close to a gps as you can get at 60 and 90, for regular riding that is good for me.

Stock gearing top speeds.
Perfect conditions.
What the gear ratio and rpms are capable of at their max.
Not to say every bike and rider will go this fast stock either.
On the rev limiter in 6th gear.
99/00 Busa with no restrictions, or 01 and up with restrictions removed.
Otherwise, 186mph is the electronic limit.

gen1 194mph
gen2 197mph

You need taller gearing, and usually more hp to go any faster.

Back