Tobin seats

yelaboy

Registered
Ok...I'm still learning about the zillions of mods that you can make on these bad boys. I have been contemplating ordering the tobin seat, but I wanted some feedback from the org experts first. How does it ride? What is the purpose of giving your waist size (what if someone with a different size drives your busa)? Does it ride better than the stock seat? Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

Ok...I'm still learning about the zillions of mods that you can make on these bad boys.  I have been contemplating ordering the tobin seat, but I wanted some feedback from the org experts first.  How does it ride?  What is the purpose of giving your waist size (what if someone with a different size drives your busa)?  Does it ride better than the stock seat?  Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.
Yela -
I am a big fan of Tobin seats (going through withdrawl 'cause I loaned mine to a friend who is trying to decide).  I do think they ride better (at least better than the seats that I had).
I went from a stock '01 seat, to a Gel, to a Tobin.  Liked the Tobin so much that I gave the Gel seat away (to another member of course!).  The riding position is lower, which works very well for those of us with stubby little legs.  The seat is thinner at the neck so your legs aren't bowed out.  You can zip the optional hump pad on to the seat to give you support while riding with the hump.
Waist size is so that Tobin can form the seat lip (at the back of the seat) to your size, so that the seat is more comfortable to you.  In my opinion, it does ride better than a stock seat, but in the interest of disclosure, here are a couple fo things that I have found in the year plus that I have had a "Tobin":
Because the seat is so thin, if you sit on the bike for awhile (like in traffic, or at a really long light) you will feel the seat pan and can get a little annoying.
Because of the seat lip, it is not as easy to slide on the seat for leans/turns.
To install/remove the speed hump pad, you have to remove the seat, because the zipper is underneath.

IMHO -
One of the two best comfort mods I have, the other being the throttlemeister.
Well wortht the money!

Hope this helps.

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1147207033 -->

Love the seats, for riding and for appearence.

100_06501.jpg

100_0639.jpg

The Best Mod I have done, I also did a Buel peg mod that made the ride even better, The Tobin seat is about 1" lower then stock and I am a big guy 6' 270lbs so the missing height made the fit snug but OK, the peg mod made the ride like the orginal fit and that is awesome!!!!!! Tobin seats Rule!!!!!
tounge.gif

seat_90.jpg

I like the looks,but f me it wasn t any good,i have a pain on my legs,i guess i am short,5.8 that s why it dosen t fit me good,they look great yes.

Mine got mailed out a couple days ago . I should have it back in about a week!!
smile.gif

I love mine and think it's the best seat I've ever had
wink.gif
. Infact after a 600 + mile day I still have a  
biggrin.gif
on my face
cool.gif

Back