To keep out the "users" and riff raff....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if someone joins to sell something there should be a $20 fee....members with
either 300 posts or 1 year no charge...NO EBAY LINKS PERIOD
rock.gif

Why don't we just have yearly dues like the AMA, et cetera. I'd be willing to pay $50/year or what have you. I don't get to visit here as much as I'd like to lately, but I love this site.

I agree with no ebay links! I hate that... But 300 post and a year? So with my 230 post and just under a year member I would not be able to sell anything? I think that is a bit much. I think if you have a 100 non postwhore posts should be fine. That shows you are not just jumping on to just to sell something. I don't see somone posting 100 times to make a sale.
As for $50 a year... you would loose what makes this site great! THE PEOPLE. Is it worth $50 a year? I say yes it would. but getting people to cough up the money would be about impossible. People would just stop comming here. When that happens the paying members will start to disappear also.

I think the site should stay the same as it is now, but add a members only area. This is where all the "cool" stuff happens.
Non members start to hear about post or pictures ect.. happening in the members area and want to be involved and donate. No one want's to be left out.

Just a thought..

I agree with no ebay links! I hate that...  But 300 post and a year?  So with my 230 post and just under a year member I would not be able to sell anything? I think that is a bit much.  I think if you have a 100 non postwhore posts should be fine. That shows you are not just jumping on to just to sell something.  I don't see somone posting 100 times to make a sale.
As for $50 a year... you would loose what makes this site great!  THE PEOPLE.    Is it worth $50 a year?   I say yes it would. but getting people to cough up the money would be about impossible.  People would just stop comming here. When that happens the paying members will start to disappear also.

I think the site should stay the same as it is now, but add a members only area.  This is where all the "cool" stuff happens.
Non members start to hear about post or pictures ect.. happening in the members area and want to be involved and donate.  No one want's to be left out.

Just a thought..
Yah. I posted that before I ran across Doug's thread about the little joke.
laugh.gif

In any case, I wouldn't mind paying dues, but since the board's not "shutting down" I'll just keep making donations.
smile.gif

I agree with no ebay links! I hate that...  But 300 post and a year?  So with my 230 post and just under a year member I would not be able to sell anything? I think that is a bit much.  I think if you have a 100 non postwhore posts should be fine. That shows you are not just jumping on to just to sell something.  I don't see somone posting 100 times to make a sale.
As for $50 a year... you would loose what makes this site great!  THE PEOPLE.    Is it worth $50 a year?   I say yes it would. but getting people to cough up the money would be about impossible.  People would just stop comming here. When that happens the paying members will start to disappear also.

I think the site should stay the same as it is now, but add a members only area.  This is where all the "cool" stuff happens.
Non members start to hear about post or pictures ect.. happening in the members area and want to be involved and donate.  No one want's to be left out.

Just a thought..
Just under 2 years
biggrin.gif

At 3 posts a day, it's less than 5 weeks for 100 posts.

Just donate $20 and your all set
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I'm fine with it...but look at who is a supporting member now selling things, Most are not. you have to agree most of them will never donate so that means they will not be able to sell. If they don't sell you can't buy. So donating members are the ones that get hurt. Everyone loves the for sale section. Do you want to lose the items that are put up for sale because someone did not want to pay?
I agree with the donation...you just have to watch how you get it. If people have to pay to sell, People who are looking to buy are going to be the ones that get the short end if the stick.

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143924756 -->

I'm fine with it...but look at who is a supporting member now selling things, Most are not.   you have to agree most of them will never donate so that means they will not be able to sell.  If they don't sell you can't buy.  So donating members are the ones that get hurt.  Everyone loves the for sale section.  Do you want to lose the items that are put up for sale because someone did not want to pay?
I agree with the donation...you just have to watch how you get it.  If people have to pay to sell, People who are looking to buy are going to be the ones that get the short end if the stick.
If someone wants to sell a bike or a business wants to sell goods here....$20 is peanuts.

For the little stuff...you can find it here usually for the cost of shipping
wink.gif

Lots of idea's and opinions...

Maybe I'll just make it like this:

Want to sell yer bike here,buy me a case of beer.

end of story. RSD.
40__s.gif

actually...I have made this suggestion before. Eliminate ALL ebay links in the for sale section. If people want to sell it....sell it here.
I don't agree with this. I mean i haven't sold on here at all.....But what is wrong with a link to an ebay item should you want to let fellow board members know about something being offered. Now if you want to end an ebay auction early to help a fellow member out that would be great.
wink.gif
Because if you want it sold here then great, set a price and wait for an offer. If you give up on waiting, pull your ad and list it at ebay. Members should NOT expect fellow members to bid for their wares. A link to a bid is disresepctful....
Very well said on the ebay links Gary.

I'm fine with it...but look at who is a supporting member now selling things, Most are not.  
I think what the point was, was to keep out the guys who post up a handful of times, then put their things up for sale, then never come back. Or the one posters who try to sell something here.

If your comment about the donating member now selling things was directed towards me, I s'pose you can kiss my ass. I'm selling my quick shifter, yep.

If it wasn't, then please disregard.

If people want to post items for sale and leave after words thats fine hopfully we as members got a good deal I put a few items up for sale not to make a profit but to make a donation to the site Im a new member and had I ben asked to pay for my listing the items would still be in my shed and nobody would have gained a thing but thats my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back