To Do Or Not To Do Is The Question

Mellow Boi

Registered
I have a 2014 Busa I like to stand it up from time to time but as I've gotten older (45+) I don't do it as much. I'm considering extending the swing arm and putting a fat tire on but will I still be able to stand it up from time to time if I do? At least a power wheelie if not a clutch wheelie. Thoughts???

You should be okay with a 240 fat tire. once you hit the 300 and bigger you have too much torque on the offset sprocket to remain reliable.

Outside drive kit might work but not worth the gamble.

Fat tires increase rotating weight / mass teamed with a heavier/wider wheel / longer chain = more weight all this will take away form designed handling . what you gain is a LOOK YOU WANT , more expenses on wearable parts , and a loss of performance.

If you want less wheelies try turbo gearing , but still alows a intended wheelie on throttle only . 19/43 with a 190/55 tire .

If your not a corner carving busa rider then just strech it .

Thanks everyone!!! I enjoy standing it up from time to time so if making these changes will prevent me from doing it at will, or damaging my bike I'll just chrome it out and go with my lights and call it a day. Won't give up my performance for a "look"!!! That's crazy

I've got a 6" arm on my Busa and still take turns better than guys I ride with on 600's and 750's.

Had a Harley NightRod for a few years too and that had a 240mm rear tire. Had zero issues leaning that big bitch in a turn as well. I'm not Marc Marquez or some expert rider but if you can ride.... then you shouldn't have any issues. Now if you do track days or ride with an elite group of riders and push yourself on some sketchy technical roads then yeah don't do it. But how you approach a turn ,body positioning etc. will play a much bigger factor IMO

Back