Titanium Love !

c10

Registered
I have a problem lol . FYI every nut/bolt by the end on my ZRX1200R was Titanium . The Bird is getting that way as well . I always start with big bolts 1st they make the largest savings in weight .

20161011_194926_zps8w8lrlic.jpg
20161011_195113_zpsvapy2boj.jpg
20161011_195136_zpsmofm0s73.jpg
20161011_195406_zpszrazofz9.jpg
20161011_195412_zps66lvenrf.jpg

Name of supplier in picture on ruler , They go on my LSL handle bar kit , $30 they are M8 by 50 mm long .
They 4 ti bolts weigh slightly less than 3 of the steel ones they replace .

Well yes like the LSL bar kit is 4.5 pounds lighter than the stock top triple clamp . Dump stock exhaust ( done ) , Remove emissions ( done )
Lighter mirrors ( done ) Shori battery ( done ) Lighter wheels ( soon ) be 5 foot 1 inch and 144 pounds ( done )

Cool looking bolts but isn't their much better options for reducing weight?

I go with Aluminum on everything I can. Use locktite and go about 60% torque spec of steel. If it's internal or load baring or requires a specific torque for functionality or safety, I stick with steel. handlebar clamps would probably not be considered a safe use for aluminum but I might chance it since they're easy to check and there is more than one holding the part. Fork clamps----I would not use anything but steel. Aluminum strips or stretches easy if you go tight but it it looks great in anodized colors and it is half the weight of Ti, one quarter the weight of ordinary steel. Really, it is a very expensive weightloss mod. You would spend a thousand dollars to shed 5 lbs. Now multiply that by 3 if you go with all Ti and you only shed 2.5 lbs.

LOL, if you want ultimate weightloss via bolt replacement, go with plastic! I'm doing it with all the bolts and spacers I removed from the trunk. Now THAT'S weight loss! Six or seven bucks and I just dropped 4 oz!

Back