Tires- 190/55 and 120/65's?

bpjones

Registered
OK....it's time for another set of stickies for the 99....What other brands of stickies do you guys recommend? I have had good luck (responsive and 4000 miles) with the Dunlop Qualifers at stock size 190/50 and 120/70

I am going to the 190/55 set up for the major twisties up here in the Great White Mtns. of New Hampshire....but I do have a 100 mile commute with 70 miles of it on interstate....any issues here?

So if 190/55 is better for quick turn in why not add a 120/65 to go with it...or is that too quick/much for a commuter?

Qualifiers are hard to beat for a twisty tire. My favorite street tire of all with the BTO16 Bridgestone running a close second.

The 55 in the rear will lift the rear a tad for easier tipin but I'm not sure I'd go with a 65 on the front. If you want to shorten the trail any farther I think I'd just add a couple turns on the rear preload. Has the same effect as lowering the front.

Two full turns in the rear should give you 4 - 5 mm of lift in the rear thus shortening up the trail by a MM or so.

Just my two cents worth but that's my story and I'm stickin to it! :beerchug:

Back