Tire Advise

2-Stroke Chad

Registered
I just recently picked up my black 2009 Hayabusa and could not be more impressed! I'm in love with every aspect of the machine, and could not be more satisfied with my choice of motorcycle. the machine has 3500 miles on it and over the winter I will have new tires put on it. Currently it has a Battle Ax on the rear, and traction is definitely an issue! The back tire currently looses traction VERY easily under hard acceleration, even at higher speeds. Does anybody have a recommendation for a street tire that will preform better? I don't really care about how long it lasts, I think traction would be cheap insurance.
Thanks for any input!!

I just recently picked up my black 2009 Hayabusa and could not be more impressed! I'm in love with every aspect of the machine, and could not be more satisfied with my choice of motorcycle. the machine has 3500 miles on it and over the winter I will have new tires put on it. Currently it has a Battle Ax on the rear, and traction is definitely an issue! The back tire currently looses traction VERY easily under hard acceleration, even at higher speeds. Does anybody have a recommendation for a street tire that will preform better? I don't really care about how long it lasts, I think traction would be cheap insurance.
Thanks for any input!!
An 8 year old tire will not perform well. Anything will be an improvement.

I currently have the pirelli diablo and like it. The Michelins are good too. I was told at the dealer that the pirelli will last longer and the Michelin was stickier. Years ago, I used a conti attack and was impressed with the feel. It also wore well, much longer than the battleax so I bought two sets.
This is probably a hot topic because your avg rider couldn't tell the difference so buy a well known brand(Michelin, pirelli, continental, Dunlop etc). The difference would be negligeable unless you race.

Thanks for any input!!
My personal choice is the pilot road 3/4 both give extremely good traction and excell in the wet . Also one hint if you like cornering fast and hard put a 180 on the back for fast in and out of corners. Mike

. . . where'd the Edit option go ?

hqdefault.jpg

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a sticky Shinko.

Just my two cents here.

Red, *<(;{)-

I have been happy with the pilot road 3's . Excellent wear and good grip. I switched to a 190/55 on the rear and like the way it feels.

Back