Tiger Racing Glove Box installed

jay21112

Registered
OK every Nov 1st I start to wrap my baby up for winter.
I know there are still nice days left, but the modding starts NOW! I have a shop a few towns over that I bring it to in the winter to do everything I can't do at home. So right now I'm doing everything I can so I can ride it to the shop before it gets too cold out. Then in spring I'll pick it up from them all ready to roll. (Yeah, it takes them a while to do the work...but they are honest, cheap, and do good work....a triple combination almost impossible to find these days).

So first up was installing the Tiger Racing Hayabusa Glove box. I picked it up for about $86 (figures in shipping) from Schnitzracing.com and installed it tonight.
All it takes is a 10mm socket to undo the bolts on your stock hump, put the bolts into the tiger glove box and voila...all done. (oh yeah, you may want to clean the inside of your hump to as I had leftover red spray (paint) all over the gloves I stuck in there.

But anyways it's as easy as 1-2-3. And since I'm installing the tiger tail this winter and losing my trunk...I needed this extra trunk space bad. It's enough to fit my winter gloves in, probably a light lunch, and stuff like cell phone, wallet, T-shirt, etc.. However I can't fit my Alpinestars GP-tech gloves in there (they hav a molded wrist guard). Oh well....like I said...at least I can fit lunch in there!

I also managed to pull out my airbox tonight. Oh BTW this is the first time EVER pulling apart the busa. After Suzuki charged me an arm and a leg last year for an oil and spark plug change (I'm too embarrassed to even post how much they charged) I decided to learn how to do everything myself.

So here is the list that I want/hope to accomplish this weekend (look for posts and pics on each one):
-Replace air filter with BMC Race and do small air box mod
-Take off pair valve and put on Brock's block off plates
-Do Thrasherfox's exhaust mod and remove passenger foot pegs
-Oil and filter change (Silkolene and K+N)
-Coolant change (Evan's NPG+) so I'm gonna have to drain and fill 2x as I have regular antifreeze in currently
-Change the clutch fluid (OEM)
-And I might even adjust the chain myself for the first time ever (ooh, I'm getting brave now....)

OK, on to the pics of the glove box, but everyone wish me luck in my mechanical endevours this weekend (Did I mention I suck at mechanics and I ALWAYS break stuff...)

1.jpg

Not stock  
smile.gif

Sorry for the crappy pic, I couldn't use the flash as it kept bouncing off the aluminum and blinding the camera.

3.jpg

I got one also and love the extra storage, but it also made my hump fit better, it made the gap between the hump and rear body spacing more equal.

(bmbusa @ Nov. 02 2006,16:17) I got one also and love the extra storage, but it also made my hump fit better, it made the gap between the hump and rear body spacing more equal.
Nice!
I'll have to check when I put it on.

That's a bonus right there!

Back