Throttle Lock

So how much will U charge if I mailed U my bar end to be modified? Also, I think removing the paint/polishing the bar ends may give it a nice appearance.

already have the TMeister but i have to give you respect
beerchug.gif
you always come up with the coolest stuff!

(Moparict @ Jan. 08 2007,19:24) What size of drill bit did you use to countersink the hole in the bar end?  How long is the phillip bolt?  And where did you get that plug in the end of your bar end?  Awsome Mod!!!!!!
bowdown.gif
Give me a sec !

(kml @ Jan. 08 2007,18:52) Good job sir! Much better than my two bit (albeit functional) throttle lock.
IMG_0196Small.jpg

cheers
ken
Nuttn wrong with a little caveman Technology, Ken, and where in hell have you been hiding lately (New Foundland) ?

(KROOZER @ Jan. 09 2007,01:31) So how much will U charge if I mailed U my bar end to be modified? Also, I think removing the paint/polishing the bar ends may give it a nice appearance.
Trust me if I had the time I would do one for you and anyone else but currently with work and babbysitting my grandson only allows for spare time to monitor the board and email.
brave.gif

Do you have a particular question about my throttlelock thats need clarification ?

(semi @ Jan. 09 2007,02:58) already have the TMeister but i have to give you respect
beerchug.gif
you always come up with the coolest stuff!
Thanks Semi ! Also, since you chimed in on this thread could you please tell how does the construction of my throttle lock compare to your throttlemeister and how much of a rotation on the barend is needed to actually lock the throttle ?

You're so handy...where in the hell was this info a year or so ago when I forked over the $170 for the Throttlemeister?!

Yeah, thanks a bunch Ty...&*$%@#@
argue.gif
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

(ranman @ Jan. 09 2007,03:57) big props for the good ideas and information
bowdown.gif
Thanks Ran, better late than never,right. Wait til you see my Rentech removable back rest I'm working on, its pretty sleek. Along with another mod I've been putting off for over two years.

(VaBusa @ Jan. 09 2007,09:01) You're so handy...where in the hell was this info a year or so ago when I forked over the $170 for the Throttlemeister?!  

argue.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Wow, lQQks like you got caught touching your toes again Chelle.
tounge.gif
Aint no way in hell I would fork over that kind of cheese for somthing as simple as this mod .

tounge.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 09 2007,12:06)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 09 2007,09:01) You're so handy...where in the hell was this info a year or so ago when I forked over the $170 for the Throttlemeister?!  

argue.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
Wow, lQQks like you got caught touching your toes again Chelle.  
tounge.gif
   Aint no way in hell I would fork over that kind of cheese for somthing as simple as this mod .
'Eh?!
smileyexhibit.gif
laugh.gif

I wouldn't fork over that kind of cash either...I let the hubby do it!
tounge.gif
They look good Ty...

tounge.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif

(VaBusa @ Jan. 09 2007,12:01) You're so handy...where in the hell was this info a year or so ago when I forked over the $170 for the Throttlemeister?!  

argue.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
U can always sell me your ThrottleMeister (low price) and U can do the mod if that makes u happy
smile.gif

it seems that both work off the same principle of keeping the throttle open with friction with the basic difference being the the TM using small washers...the TM turns approximately 1/2 turn from full unlock to full lock...the main diff. i see is the TM locks by turning counter-clockwise which allows it to unlock at the same time the rider twists the throttle to shut the bike down...as long as yours only has enough friction to keep the throttle from turning on its own but doesn't truly "lock" it so it can't be turned in an emergency situation everything should be ok
beerchug.gif

(semi @ Jan. 09 2007,09:35) it seems that both work off the same principle of keeping the throttle open with friction with the basic difference being the the TM using small washers...the TM turns approximately 1/2 turn from full unlock to full lock...the main diff. i see is the TM locks by turning counter-clockwise which allows it to unlock at the same time the rider twists the throttle to shut the bike down...as long as yours only has enough friction to keep the throttle from turning on its own but doesn't truly "lock" it so it can't be turned in an emergency situation everything should be ok
beerchug.gif
Hmmm, so the T/M uses a reverse thread pattern for the barend lock, cool.  My barend T/L requires somwhere between a 3/4 to a full turn, which can be adjusted using your pinky finger. It causes  enough friction to lock it in position and can be easy overridden when twisting the throttle foward or backwards.

(KROOZER @ Jan. 09 2007,12:flamethrowing:)
(VaBusa @ Jan. 09 2007,12:01) You're so handy...where in the hell was this info a year or so ago when I forked over the $170 for the Throttlemeister?!  

argue.gif

laugh.gif

tounge.gif
U can always sell me your ThrottleMeister (low price) and U can do the mod if that makes u happy  
smile.gif
Hrmmm, thinking about it...thinking...

No...but thanks for the warm fuzzies
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

(Moparict @ Jan. 08 2007,19:24) What size of drill bit did you use to countersink the hole in the bar end?  How long is the phillip bolt?  And where did you get that plug in the end of your bar end?  Awsome Mod!!!!!!
bowdown.gif
Drill size will depend on the size of your bolt head. A 31/64 drill worked for me.

DSC00894.jpg

The size of the phillip screw was cut to a 2.25"
DSC00920.jpg

Depth of the hole in the barend is 5/8 deep (use cutting oil when drilling your hole).

DSC00910.jpg

The plug in the barend is one of those bolt cover caps you can get at an automotive store that comes in colors of chrome, white or black. The cap is a two piece design but I only used the top cover portion.

DSC00880.jpg

To make the oil cap fit properly I just slid the cap back and forth across a sheet of 80 gret sand paper til I got the correct depth to fit on top the white throttl end touching the aluminum barend.

DSC00939.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

DSC00930.jpg

Finished up with black electrical tape.

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

(Moparict @ Jan. 09 2007,12:59) You sir, are da man!!
bowdown.gif
  Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions!!
Just sharing the luv Playa .
race.gif

beerchug.gif
Nice mod, but tell us the truth. Did you convince the wife you could save money by doing this yourself, if only you had a nice new drill press?
biggrin.gif

Back