Thought I'd post pics of RAM mount

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Just since so many people seem to ask, here are the pics of the RAM stem mount and RAM cradle for my Nuvi 200w on my '08 Busa.
It works here flawlessly. Let me know if you want to see any more pics, but don't be afraid to order this mount at all.
GPSMount.JPG

LeversNThrottle.JPG

In this last pic, you can see it doesn't stick "up" that far at all. I kind of looks like it sticks way up in the other pics. You can see it here in the side shot.
NewGarage.JPG

Nice!!:thumbsup: I use my mount for the phone and secure the TomTom to the triple tree, a local guy I used to know made the mount for $20.

image[1].jpg

How are you powering the Nuvi???

I'm using the 3BR Powersports USB TAPP port (3brpowersports.com) and I used a Boost By Smith harness (boostbysmith.com) to hook that up to.
The 3BR Powersports port is awesome! Fantastic customer service, I highly recommend them! I also have a 6" mini usb cable from 3BR running to the Nuvi itself. Here are some pics!
Again, can't stress it enough, top notch product from 3BR, and great customer service. I talked to someone from 3BR and there are more products that aren't on the site (like the 6" usb cord I got from them and they are working on a plug and play harness for this as well I think) I'm going to order up another one soon to use for under the rear seat. The Boost By Smith cord gives you one power up front, and two in the rear, so I'm going to order up one more of the TAPP sockets for back there!
Here are the pics:
org1.JPG

org2.JPG

org3.JPG

org4.JPG

Let me know if you want any more or different pics!

Well, after looking at my invoice again, I have the 9" usb cable not the 6" like I thought. Just in case anyone was looking. The 9" cable fits there pretty much perfect length.:cheerleader:

Very neat.

Thank you. It's a super clean install. And the USB port is safe to ride in the rain, wash your bike, etc. Unlike the cigarette lighters I've been installing for all these years... Plus there isn't all the wires hanging around and zip tied to everything in sight just to hold excess wires. That's why I ordered the shortest USB cord they offered. Just clean and neat. :thumbsup:

I'm using the 3BR Powersports USB TAPP port (3brpowersports.com) and I used a Boost By Smith harness (boostbysmith.com) to hook that up to...

Hey, on the Boostbysmith website, it says "For 08 Hayabusas it will still work but does require that you REMOVE the gauges to access the connector to plug in". Not sure your year, but did you have to do the same, to install the harness?

Frankenstein Replacement Bolts

Yes I did, but don't let it scare you. SUPER easy to remove the gauges. I didn't even unplug them, I just rotated them out of the way is all. Basically, all you have are 2 bolts and like 6 plastic grommet push pin thingies.. If you search gauge removal, there is a VERY good write-up about doing it. Super simple. Plus with the Boost by Smith I get two extra switched outlets in the "trunk" of the bike. I was fretting about it, but it was all worthless. No reason to worry about taking all that apart.

Looks nice! I'd check out 3BR Powersports, and get the micro-usb plug to charge that phone!

I bought the RAM ball mount as shown in the pics above, but it still moves, despite tightening it right up...

I bought the RAM ball mount as shown in the pics above, but it still moves, despite tightening it right up...

Yes it does. I'm not totally happy with that at all. I'm currently searching other ways to mount that ram ball in the steering stem. I'll probably just make that one mount better. We'll see. I've still got a couple months of winter here yet to figure it out. :whistle:

Mount a ball on a piece of 1/4" all-thread through the stem or take a look at some threads of my new location. My ball is now mounted on the inside of the left handle bar.

Back