This happen to anyone else?

jpracecraft

Registered
I came out of work today to find my 07 busa with a dead battery. Once before when I shut it of in the garage in the dark the taillight was on with the bike shut down ignition switch in lock and key removed. I put the key back in and cycled the switch and it went off.

Had it not been dark I may not have noticed it. I believe thats what happend today , but I didnt notice the taillight as I backed into a spot and walked away in front of it.
Any body else have this problem or is wrong in my ign switch?
Thanks to the group for your help.

There is a "park" on the ignition if you turn it to the left past the "lock" setting. Locks the handlebars & leaves the tail light on. Sounds like you found it!
beerchug.gif

Check to see if you turned it past the lock postion. There is a park postion that leaves the rear lamp on, and that will for sure kill you battery, trust me, found out the hard way...

Oh man, just to slow, oh well i tried...
muscle.gif

(DAB @ May 22 2007,14:54) It's in park (is this your first bike?)
I don't think it has anything to do with his first bike he just wasn't use to the ignition switch. I did the same thing, came out at the end of the day and the battery was well drained. You can do it inadvertantly if you are in just a little bit to much of a hurry. Won't do it again.

Im well aware of the park mode. I was in lock for sure , It was in lock when I came out to go home, I remember looking at it in the lock position. When I turned the key over It woudnt even light up the leds in the dash. AS previously stated I was wondering if anyone else has had this prob. Like the switch was defective allowing current to the "p" posititon from the "lock " position.
P.S. My last 4 bikes I built myself And the all had 1 toggle for ignition and push buttom starters. Forgive my ignorance. I was simply wondering if there was a high likelyhood of bad part. I had replaced countless ign switchs in the past 15 years. I just havent replaced as many cycle switches.

(jpracecraft @ May 22 2007,21:25) Im well aware of the park mode. I was in lock for sure , It  was in lock when I came out to go home, I remember looking at it in the lock position. When I turned the key over It woudnt even light up the leds in the dash. AS previously stated I was wondering if anyone else has had this prob. Like the switch was defective allowing current to the "p" posititon from the "lock " position.
P.S. My last 4 bikes I built myself And the all had 1 toggle for ignition and push buttom starters. Forgive my ignorance. I was simply wondering if there was a high likelyhood of bad part. I had replaced countless ign switchs in the past 15 years. I just havent replaced as many cycle switches.
Never had this happen to mine!
I noticed your signature you have a small block in an S10! Kewl!
I had a Super charged TPI ZZ4 DFI gen 7 small block in my 95, That was fast for a truck! Now all I have is a 7.4 BBC in my 98 Tahoe!

Back