Things Learned...it's kind of a right of passage...

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Wow, I had so many that I thought of along the way :whistle:

1. Ace is only deaf when he wants to be...
2. Stevie Ray Charles is probably my favorite non-existent singer now, and best name change in a long time...
3. I didn't realize I was so racist until Stevie Ray showed up, but he started it all...
4. Newbs are necessary to the group from time to time so we keep things fresh, like a morning meadow or a summer's eve
5. Caitlyn with a C, Kaitlyn with a K? Doesn't matter...when the waitress is in on the joke, it just makes it all that much sweeter...
6. Don't ride next to Ace when it's pouring; you've been warned
7. Don't park next to Ace when it's raining; you've been warned again
8. Caesar's pink balls lasted through a nor'easter in spring 2012, mice attacks, miles of riding and the sun, but not one weekend around Stevie Ray Charles
9. Snooki is like a spider monkey and stronger than she looks...
10. Extra parts during a tranny job are OK, right?
11. I could honestly sit up and talk to semi all night long
12. OCD kills :banghead:
13. I do better hosting an event and controlling my Jaeger intake...who knew? :dunno:
14. I learned that ducks are way dumber than chickens...while riding in a torrential downpour, you start to feel like you might be a duck...
15. I may never again get to watch MotoGP with so many oRg members as I just did in my own home, and that was pretty cool...

What an amazing time we had!! Friends started arriving on Tuesday (I think; it's all so blurry now), and semi left this morning :( It felt sad, watching them all leave one by one by one. We had some surprises along the way, like Loomis calling and saying he and Kim were coming up. THAT was awesome, Loomis is always awesome and meeting Kim, well I loved that - she is hysterical! Snooki (she's with that guy, what's his name? Oh yeah, MC Mustang) and her daughter Maddie surprised us from FL by sending a text around midnight Friday night, asking if the party was still going and that she couldn't sleep. I replied that we were all in bed and had a ride planned for the next morning. A couple of minutes later I got another text - "Can you come let me in first?" and that's when we realized they were at the door. Thankfully we had room for all and hopefully everyone was comfy enough. We had good food, great friends, far more laughs than any group of humans should be allowed in such a short period of time, but that's what this meet and greet was really about IMHO - seeing friends we hadn't seen in a long time and catching up. There was some riding, but that wasn't the focus and who cares? Hopefully not many that attended...I love so many of the members here and they are family. I cherish the time I get with them and that so many made the journey to our tiny town really means so much. It most likely means you had leave to burn, or you were so sick of snow up north, but I'll take it :rofl: :p

We did successfully induct a new guy in to this chaotic group and I can't thank him enough for things that he did to help out with while he was here. He did take some serious razzing from this gang, and he finally started tossing it right back like he needs to. He's family and I cannot wait to see and ride with him again!! We all just had a blast; stories to last a lifetime I hope. The Busa rider formerly known as keatonbusa is one amazing guy and one that I think we'll all be keeping in touch with so we can ride with him again soon!

Until the next time :thumbsup:

Signing off from...

Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Florida
Tennessee
Illinois
Ohio
Vermont
New Hampshire
Michigan

OH!

One more, for Stevie Ray Charles, so he NEVER forgets - I am LETHAL with a frisbee....... :rofl:

You don't know how much it hurt to not make this event . . . but duty calls, I suppose. I'll give you guys a call in the next week or so to talk about getting a ride together. I have some travel between now and the end of July, but definitely by August it will happen.

Ken, you are ALWAYS missed!!!! Please do get with us if you can...

Omar's kids arrive this coming weekend, and we have plans July 4th weekend, but who doesn't I guess. We'd love to see you though. We really need to fit something in, but hey, you are a super busy guy and we all know this, so we understand :)

P.S. DJ (sageronin) might be interested as well...he's in MD, so if we make plans, I may be able to get him involved too, maybe...

Last edited:
Hrmmm - let me see what I can add:

• Our driveway has plenty of room for 5 trailers, 10 vehicles, 11 motorcycles and more
  • Karl has a secret ingredient for some of his confections
  • Gravel, oil and motorcycles don't mix
  • When parts are no longer needed, tossing them into the gravel is an acceptable practice
  • Make sure to connect the cam position sensor
  • "You got this?"
  • Always wear your gear
  • We must do this again

:tiptoe:

* Walk away when men folk are loading a Busa in the back of a truck *

:hide:

Hrmmm - let me see what I can add:

• Our driveway has plenty of room for 5 trailers, 10 vehicles, 11 motorcycles and more
  • Karl has a secret ingredient for some of his confections
  • Gravel, oil and motorcycles don't mix
  • When parts are no longer needed, tossing them into the gravel is an acceptable practice
  • Make sure to connect the cam position sensor
  • "You got this?"
  • Always wear your gear
  • We must do this again

Ouch on Number 5!

:tiptoe:

* Walk away when men folk are loading a Busa in the back of a truck *

:hide:

Oh, you missed it GIXERHP...all of that work on Stevie Ray Charles Busa for 2 days, and then they were loading it up in the truck yesterday...

HUGE save, thanks to Omar, SRC, Loomis and semi being there to "improvise" on the fly :lol:

Here's what they accidentally had to do :rofl:

noramp.jpg

Did you notice we had 10 states covered - so One-Fifth of the United States was represented at this Meet and Greet :laugh:

How many others can claim that?

18 hours of driving (one-way) is a small price to pay for building friendships that last a lifetime.
Till we meet again............

Back