The "STUNNAH'S" 1st Boosted ride...

Ninja...Where did you say you order your sprockets???
evil.gif

Just wanted to provide a pic of the 16 tooth sprocket I had on the "STUNGUN"...It actually had started to eat this sprocket when I added the ext. and the boost completed the job...
evil.gif

Mvc_002f.jpg

Forgot to tell you all...Got down the other day...With the 17 and a new chain I was able to come out the hole...Me and "TripleP" made a couple of passes on Trick Alley...He got me coming out the hole and led me thru 2nd...But when I hit 3rd and caught traction oh hell it was damning...We had visually set about an 1/8th it was unreal how this bike powered when the traction was there...I shot by him like whoa!!!More to come...
evil.gif

Well I finally got the 18 front sprocket on and went for a ride...I expect to feel a difference in the power delivery...Wrong the bike is as strong as ever...I was rolling along at about 80mph and dumped the throttle and the rearend broke loose...I was like "Hell Yeah"...Got to freaking around with my partner on a 12 and third gera feels like first...It's crazy and I still have not hit the trick switch...Hope to get to the track this Sunday...Been rained out every since I had the bike back...Good things are coming...
evil.gif

Dam'n , it must pull like a son of a b___h !!!!!!!!!! And hey dude , don't get "weak punk " confused with knowing your limits (at the moment) or respect for real power !
cool.gif

Made it to the track yesterday...Man it sucked...Had problems getting off the line the best 60' I could get was 1.744 the worst was 2.175...The best time was 6.688 the worst was 7.649...Keep in mind I have not had been on the track since the upgrade and I have also regeared 18/40 and I hate it...Gonna go back to 16/42 or at least 17/42 the bike just had to much gear for the 1/8...Also I didn't take in consideration increasing the rpms to compensate for the increased gear til the last run...Chain got loose and was at the end of the adjustment so I loaded and left...Got a few things in mind and I will eventually run the time I think this bike is capable of...  
evil.gif

Stay totally away from the 16 tooth sprockets. A 17/42 or 18?45 would be your limit at track. And a 17/38 is real nice for the street.

You will need to launch the bike at 7,000rpm's or higher off the line.

Btw, I have enjoyed reading your experiences!

Frank

Stay totally away from the 16 tooth sprockets. A 17/42 or 18?45 would be your limit at track. And a 17/38 is real nice for the street.

You will need to launch the bike at 7,000rpm's or higher off the line.

Btw, I have enjoyed reading your experiences!

Frank
Frank I hope it's not because of the humor...Do you think I can stay with the 18/40 and increase the launch rpm's and be ok???I don't really care to be geared for top end...Is your site back up???I need a welded swingarm...
evil.gif

Yes psychobike.com has been up for 1 1/2 weeks now. If I were you, I would use stock gearing for the track. I run My shootout Busa with a 17/42 gearing.

If you are not using a lockup clutch on your bike, you will need to keep a close eye on the clutch itself then. Even more so pull your oil pan off and make sure you're not getting any clutch dust build up inside your oil pickup tube strainer. Trust Me I know that it only takes a little restriction on the oiling side of things to eat bearings up real fast.......

Thanks Frank for the info...I've got a few other questions to ask you I'll send you a PM sometime later today...
evil.gif

Just to show everyone that I did go to the track...It's under new management and they have promised upgrades...But at least it's a track and not the street...
evil.gif

trying_to_stage.jpg

Back