the dragon

superbusaman

Registered
hey guys, iam kinda new here. iam going to deals gap at the end of the month, any suggestions to a newbie? only been riding for about a year.

Welcome aboard! Don't know anything about it but sounds fun from the other discussions I have watched.
smile.gif

Biggest suggestion is do not push yourself. Take it slow and don't let other push you. I have seen experienced riders go over the top of curves.

no doubt... what NE said.. ride thru it once or twice and kinda get the feel for it... there are some curves that will toss you into the other lane if you hit them wrong at any speed... so just watch yourself.. and have fun.. nothing ruins a good day of riding like wrecking afterall!

oh yeah.. watch out for those other idiots.. and by idiots i mean the ones with 4 wheels.. as well as 2.

Take your time, no your own personal limits, always be looking up and ahead of you, and don't panic in a situation (ie..if you find your self going a little to fast into a turn and its sharp do grab a hand full of front brake) Some of those turns are sharp and come quick.

Take some ear plugs.

HAVE A GOOD TIME it had a blast last year...

PS..if you want to get a hand full of throttle go to rt 411

hey guys, just got back. thanks for the info. it was a pretty good time but the weather sucked. was only in the 50's and rained alittle. actually only got to go through the dragon twice. those are some twisty roads, way out of my league. anyone of u guys been there, any of u guys get the busa leaned over good? i couldnt. but probably my lack of experience.

make sure there are no locals behind you before you start -if there is you definitely want them ahead of you and not behind you -unless your name is Rossi

The Cherohala Skyway is way more fun than the Dragon, but the Dragon is worth running a few times for the experience. Check out the skyway while you're in the area.

BE CAREFUL I went last year for the first time had a blast . It is so easy to get caught up in it ,I mean as you see riders hitting those curves at a high rate of speed ,These guys ride it all the time and you want to do the same LOL but the Dragon will Bight you .Remember you are on a Busa, She's Heavier and you have to work to make her lay down .I tell you after being there for a week and riding I didnt want to come back to the flat lands of Florida .If you go try to hit the Shadow Vally area HOLY Crap There are like 3 Deals Gaps there . Know Kidding around ,Great ride ....

I have been riding Since I was 16 i am now 37 .. and let me tell you dont over ride it because it bites back..Learned my lesson the hard way some tricky curves and switch backs that come on quick .. Just be careful and take your time and remember that cars are coming the other way DO NOT cross the center line or you will be toast..The cars come fast and over drive alot .. Other then that have fun.. there are some good roads in the area for long sweepers my favorite.

Back