That Damn Peg Thing Again

HoboJoe

Registered
Hey Cowboys. Any of you had experience with a set of those Peg Washers as opposed to the spring set up? I take it by their shape they're designed to sit in the slot that attaches to the rear set and hold the peg in place. Do they work? Will they hold up. Will the Government approve them? So many questions, so little time.......Thanks

Who says I ain't put no miles on it yet? Ride it some every day I'm home. And yes, I did get it at a good price. But I'm not one to do things Halfass'd. When it's right, it'll be right. Don't want the other Kids to laugh me off the Playground. Not gonna have it look like its held together with Chewing Gum and Bailing Wire. I may be a Hobo but I still have an image to uphold ya know. As for the washers.....

image.jpeg

And just to prove my point about that price thing, I've had two guys call me in the last three days, now willing to take my original offer. Really! You've been Trolling CL too long. Your 15yr old Bike, of average condition is only worth what the Insurance Co will give you if it gets Crunched or Off'd. No more, no less. We're not talking a Gull Wing Mercedes here. It's not one IN a Million, it's one OF a Million. Crazy I may be, Stupid I'm not.

Who says I ain't put no miles on it yet? Ride it some every day I'm home. And yes, I did get it at a good price. But I'm not one to do things Halfass'd. When it's right, it'll be right. Don't want the other Kids to laugh me off the Playground. Not gonna have it look like its held together with Chewing Gum and Bailing Wire. I may be a Hobo but I still have an image to uphold ya know. As for the washers.....

View attachment 1572995
is the other side exactly the same? I have after market ones in mine it has a plate a pring and a ball bearing and what it does it lock the peg up or down. Is this different?

Either way it is safe The way it sits in mount is where all the support it.

I figure the way it's shaped prevents the Peg from moving. No spring comes with it however as its really folded over to put some tension on the Pin I would imagine. Hard to see in the pic. Aw, what the heck. I'll give um' a try. Thanks

Back