Thanks everybody!

lil charlie

Registered
So we have had 4 threads today about downed riders so I thought I would try and off set that and share pictures of my baby who was finished being rebuilt today. First off I want to thank all of the org members who have helped me. I have learned sooooooooo much about my bike from this site. I couldn’t have done it without you guys and gals. I also want to thank our sponsors Honda East and Pashnit; both Justin and Tim gave me great prices and service. You guys saved me a ton of cash so thanks a bunch. I laid her down on the left side and took out the plastics and some of the mechanicals.

Parts involved:

Mechanicals needed.
Stator cover
Header
Oil cooler
Radiator
I got all of those off of eBay for a total of about $550.00

Body work
New bar ends (replaced them with gold ones)
Nose
Left hand air intake
Both left side fairings
Left hand rear turn signal cowling
Puig dark smoke Double Bubble
All that cost about $1,200.00

While I had it all apart I added
Hi/Lo HID kit
Speedo healer
Brake light back off modular
And I have a +4 rear sprocket to put on
Completed trunk mod
I swapped my black rim for some gold ones
New front and rear tires Michelin Ct2’s
All that cost me about $710.00

I still need a front fender but I’m saving for a carbon fiber one that I like and I need new left side foot pegs. As soon as I get those I’m going to have them and the sets powder coated all and all another $400.00 give or take cuz the carbon fiber fenders im finding are around $250.00. So far in to my repairs around $2,400.00 and will need to spend another 400-500. Then I plan on getting some Corbin seats and maybe painting the tail and hump orange. $2,400.00 and shes still pretty much stock, sad I know. I took her out for a short ride to make sure she is good to go and it felt soooooo good. I think the problem was her lack of name. No that she is rebuilt she needs a new name. So I was thinking Naomi, anyone on here already got that name?

2011-05-04_18-18-24_935.jpg

2011-05-04_18-54-12_297.jpg

2011-05-04_18-54-32_556.jpg

2011-05-04_18-54-45_997.jpg

2011-05-04_18-55-20_792.jpg

2011-05-04_18-55-46_876.jpg

Aftermarket adjustable rearsets in black or gold, then just powdercoat the passenger pegs. And carbon fiber muffler(s)...it's only money:laugh:
How do like that 47T rear? Cool right?

I haven't installed the 47T yet nor have I calibrated the speedo healer. I will get on that as soon as I finish my kitchen. I pissed my wife off by spending the last two nights in the garage when the kitchen is all tore apart. What was i to do? The last of my parts came in so I had to get her done. :rulez: I dont have any mufflers on my bike, I have some black turn down tips installed. They are hard to see but they are there.

I haven't installed the 47T yet nor have I calibrated the speedo healer. I will get on that as soon as I finish my kitchen. I pissed my wife off by spending the last two nights in the garage when the kitchen is all tore apart. What was i to do? The last of my parts came in so I had to get her done. :rulez: I dont have any mufflers on my bike, I have some black turn down tips installed. They are hard to see but they are there.

:laugh: I see them now. Get the ecu editor too, if for no other reason than to turn off the gear limiters/top speed restriction and turn your fans on a little sooner...cool stuff.:beerchug:

:laugh: I see them now. Get the ecu editor too, if for no other reason than to turn off the gear limiters/top speed restriction and turn your fans on a little sooner...cool stuff.:beerchug:

Already planning on it dude. I got to find a place in Tucson that will do it for me. I was going to get Bubba Smiths but I think its above my pay grade. I will rip the whole bike down bolt by bolt and completly rewire her if need be but editing the CPU scares me. I don't know why because I used to be a Tec for Ford and I used the SBDS machine all day long and I would edit stuff all day. That was 13yrs ago and I was trained on the machine. editing my bike with no idea of what Im doing is to risky for me.

Slap a fender on that girl and she'll be good as new. Its a good feeling knowing ya did it yourself, congrats on the new knowledge of your Busa:thumbsup:

Yeah' I learned a lot about my baby. I still ned to find a carbon fiber fender I like. I want smaller than the busa fender but bigger than the gsxr. Any ideas?
Posted via Mobile Device

i have a brand new black 04 gsxr fender id let go pretty cheap. i think its a direct bolt on for the gen2.

They are direct bolt up but I'm looking for Carbon Fiber, plus ZI think the gsxr fender is a tad too small for the lines of the Busa. I will be hitting you up when its tme to powdercaot my sets. Thanks for looking out.

Can you trim carbon fiber?

Don't quote me on this, but I would imagine you could. The edges would have to be trimed when coming out of any mold. It would probably be a little hard but do-able. Probably have to find out what was used for the clear coating so the edges could be redone. I would think it would be on the costly side to do this though.

And thinking of it, if you got a stock fender and cut it, you could have it dipped in carbon fiber. There is a thread on here somewhere with someone having a bunch of parts done and looked really good. I'll see if I can find it.

Already planning on it dude. I got to find a place in Tucson that will do it for me. I was going to get Bubba Smiths but I think its above my pay grade. I will rip the whole bike down bolt by bolt and completly rewire her if need be but editing the CPU scares me. I don't know why because I used to be a Tec for Ford and I used the SBDS machine all day long and I would edit stuff all day. That was 13yrs ago and I was trained on the machine. editing my bike with no idea of what Im doing is to risky for me.

I used to be a Ford tech myself, and the ecu editor is nothing to be afraid of. I don't make/adjust fuel maps either. A dyno with a wideband O2 sensor and a competant tuner is needed to do that properly. As mentioned though, turning off the pair valve, removing top speed and gear limiters, lower fan on/off temps, ect. are all just one click. There is a 2 wire harness with male pins on each end, one goes to the black plug on the ecu, the other to the black yosh plug, next to the white diagnostic plug. Both plug into empty pin locations on each. That stays on the bike(unless you choose to remove it, but there's no reason to). Then the ecu flasher has one wire to plug into your computer, one plug to the black yosh connector, and one plug to the white diagnostic connector, it's very simple. You can also download the software free from boostbysmith, but the flasher box comes with a disk anyway.
There is a walk through video for just about every function of the ecu editor too on the link to the ecu hack forum. Greg Smith is also excellent to deal with for help with any problems.
There is a map on the disk for several exhausts too. How accurate they are however is anyones guess, as they are dyno uploads from users. I actually have one of them in my bike and the throttle response is much better(I'm waiting to buy the exhaust I really want before I have my bike dynoed). There is a map on the disk for just tips like you have also. Personally I'de try it, ride it, if it runs better put a few miles on it and check the plugs. That map is very rich too so I doubt there'de be any concern for a lean issue.
Go ahead and get one, you won't regret it.:beerchug:

Back