Texas Riders......voice your opinions with your Senators

if what I have read is correct....my wife couldnt ride on the back with me unless she has a Class "M" license.

...along with other stuff in the bill

if what I have read is correct....my wife couldnt ride on the back with me unless she has a Class "M" license.

...along with other stuff in the bill

Thats the way I read it, I can understand an age limit. But kinda wish you could bash their heads against a wall till they could explain the purpose of a license for a passenger...... and having it for 2 years before you can be a passenger..

I thought the politicians were smoking some serious stuff over here but I have to give them credit where credit is due over there :bowdown:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

i dont understand the logic of a passenger having an endorsement. that like saying a passenger in a car must have a license to drive the car.???

handles for a passenger...geez...my wife is about to get her own bike whether she wants it or not :laugh: or two bikes for me.......:whistle: just another reason for them to pull us over....damn it JIM!!!

the operator was older than 18 and had a Class M license for at least two years; or

the hand holds are the part i have a problem with.

i dont really agree with legislating out stupidity but its become the norm any more.

WTF? So a passenger who has no intentions on buying or learning how to ride a motorcycle must go through some kind of safety course to get endorsed to be a passenger? That's not making any sense to me @ all. What would the MSF or whatever safety course teach a passenger? Do they teach them how to lean with the driver in turns or teach them to un-ass the bike or brace for impact in the event of a accident that the passenger may or may not ever see coming? My other thought is where do you as a passenger place your feet if a bike is without footpegs, wrap them around the driver's waist ??? I'm sure the politicians had something better to concern themselves with. I don't understand the logic with this one. Having a passenger endorsement on a license isn't going to prevent anymore tradegies IMO. The passenger has 2 options before getting on a bike. #1 is to get on & #2 is to stay off. I don't think a endorsement will help alter those choices.

I read it to say the driver had to have a license for two years OR the passenger had to have one too. Seems reasonable to me.

It actually says "or".

Now I'm gonna go ride my high performance death machine.

I read it to say the driver had to have a license for two years OR the passenger had to have one too. Seems reasonable to me.

It actually says "or".

Now I'm gonna go ride my high performance death machine.

Yes you are correct. And I agree with that law. In florida I do not believe you are allowed to carry a passenger for a certain amount of time. I forget the limit. These young idiots who just get their license and want to be stupid with young girls on the back.. Law makes sense to me

In addition, a sports bike operator could not carry a passenger unless the
sports bike was designed to carry more than one person and:
the operator was older than 18 and had a Class M license for at
least two years; or
the passenger was a Class M license holder older than 18 or a
certified motorcycle training and safety course instructor.

Its not like anyone actually obeys these laws anyway and these laws cannot be enforced properly unless they become real douchebags about it.

I know I didnt follow the law in Florida when I first started riding however I didnt do anything stupid with girls on the back and I made sure they wore some sort of gear.

In my opinion, laws like this are to prevent new riders, who are coursed on these laws when beginning, from getting some young girl on the back while acting stupid and getting them both hurt because the rider is inexperienced.

OM flippin' Lord ! :banghead:

This be Texas? Not NY, CT, NJ or Cali but TEXAS!

THIS IS GOING TO BE ANOTHER EPIC POST BY BLANCA!!!!!!!!!!

I see and smell complete discrimination and this reminds me totally of the Assault weapons ban. Why?

They have targeted a class of motorcycle as defined by their own 'newly written' definiton of what a 'Sport bike' is. Same as the Fed Govt targeted a certain kind of weapon and only that kind because they were discriminating against certain people who owned them this is targeting a certain group and again discriminating agaisnt them as well.

The 'Malorie' law....

I quote..

First off we must see who is behind this..
Homeland Security

What is now I believe the largest Govt. office..

Now we get to the discrimination and singling out of a certain class or sect. Note they now have thier own definition of their target 'Sport Bikes'
CSHB 2470 would amend the Transportation Code to define certain types of motorcycles as "sports bikes," allow a holder of a Class M driver’s license to operate a sports bike, and create safety standards for sports bikes.
The bill would define a sports bike as a motorcycle:
that was optimized for speed, acceleration, braking, and maneuverability on paved roads;
that had a lightweight frame;
on which an operator leaned forward over the gas tank during operation; and
that was not a touring, cruising, standard, or dual-sport motorcycle.

Again more discrimination toward only one class or type...
In addition, a sports bike operator could not carry a passenger unless the sports bike was designed to carry more than one person and:
the operator was older than 18 and had a Class M license for at least two years; or
the passenger was a Class M license holder older than 18 or a certified motorcycle training and safety course instructor.

A load of BS from the supporters....again only refering to and targeting one type SPORT BIKES..
CSHB 2470 would establish easily comprehensible standards for the safe operation of light but high-powered motorcycles that are becoming very popular in Texas. The bill would help ensure that sports bikes were equipped to hold passengers and that both the operator and passenger had the experience and knowledge to handle these potentially dangerous vehicles.
The bill would help prevent tragedies such as the one involving Malorie Bullock, a 19-year-old college student from Sherman who was killed in April 2010 when she was a passenger on a sports bike. Under current law, passengers in cars must wear seat belts, but passengers on sports bikes are not required to have safety equipment. The bill would end this discrepancy in safety standards by requiring that sports bikes be equipped with foot pegs and handholds for use by a passenger.
CSHB 2470 would narrowly define sports bikes and differentiate them from larger touring bikes such as those manufactured by Harley-Davidson.

I'm flippin' ova heah! Jiminy Christmas they ought to be strung up!
So they have written a law that it seems applies only to SPORT BIKES.
You can ride a HD and carry an unlicensed passenger with no handles on the bike and your fine? Lean over the gas tank on your Lightweight frame(?) and better watch out!
This is a precedent case which I'm sure a few Dianne Feinsteins and Chuck Schumers are watching. If allowed to pass and or continue to exist expect it to come to your neighborhood in short order.
The fact they specifically name HD is in and of itself very strange. Somewhere somehow I sense some bit of prejudice coming from an HD rider toward those crazy stunters on youtube. So what can we do?

Start by emailing the folks who voted 'Aye' and let 'em have it!
Oh I got you you scum bums!
Texas House of Representatives : House Committee - Homeland Security & Public Safety

Individual culprits..

The 'Chair'..He's too happy in pic..obviously on the take!
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Miller, Sid

The 'vice chair'..He's too serious in pic and again obviously on the take!
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Fletcher, Allen

Old money..Old ways..Hates 'Sport Bikes' and is just plain OLD!
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Beck, Marva

An obvious follower...right off the cliff..the lemming that he is..
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Burnam, Lon

Just got a new airplane and could care less..."Hey is it Lunchtime yet?"
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Driver, Joe

Secret lover of OLD above and does whatever snookums says...
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Flynn, Dan

Doesnt want to rock the boat or she may not be able to make her LS460 payment..
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Mallory Caraway, Barbara

Answer to above..."AYE!..Yes its Lunchtime..get me four Big Macs"
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Pea, Aaron

His mom is so proud of him....Such a nice young boy...
Texas House of Representatives : Representative*Walle, Armando

HMMMM what next? How bout sum other fellers?
Licensing and Administrative committee.
Notice how Joe Driver is on this one. He's in same committee proposing 'Mallory law'
Texas House of Representatives : House Committee - Licensing & Administrative Procedures

How about the Insurance committee?
Notice how Armando Walle is on this one. He's in same committee proposing 'Mallory law'
Texas House of Representatives : House Committee - Insurance

Natural resources committee.
Notice how Marva Beck is on this one. Yep you guessed it. Shes on same committee proposing 'Mallory law'
Texas House of Representatives : House Committee - Natural Resources

Transportation committee. Notice how Allen Fletcher is on this one.
Yet again from same committee proposing 'Mallory law'
Texas House of Representatives : House Committee - Transportation

So we have the Homeland Security committee targeting a specific group and this committee is made up of members from:
Licensing and Administrative committee (will handle the new laws coming regarding passenger licenses as well as define the penalties for not obeying)
the Insurance committee (will handle the soon to come if not already separate class of insurance for Sport bikes)
Natural resources committee (will deal with the coming new laws that will regulate where Sport bikes can be ridden)
And the Transportation committee (which will deal with what kinds of Sport bikes we can own, operate and where)

They are all on the take and crooked as can be. Lobbyists have gotten to their brains with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !

Or here is the whole lot of Texas Reps.
Texas House of Representatives : House Members

Click on any one of the links above and then click on each individual member. Every single one of them has a 'email' tab which takes you to a generic form page. Make one nice mssg. 'Copy and paste' it to every single one of them telling them how silly this is.

It is still in committee and has not come to a vote before the whole house. Let 'em have it. I live in Florida and intend on hitting every one of them with a nice note :laugh:

This has been a public service by BB.
God bless America, land of the Free, home of the Brave

The good thing is when they ban sport bikes there will be a grandfather clause. I've already got the Uzi of sportbikes. I guess I'll just keep it forever.

What I think is funny is the HD guys, all cruisers really, are being told that their bikes were made to just look at. I mean if it isn't fast, can't accelerate or brake, and lacks maneuverability, what else is there?

The bill would define a sports bike as a motorcycle:
that was optimized for speed, acceleration, braking, and maneuverability on paved roads;

im going to to sic the tmro and the ncom legislative task force and national sport bike alliance on this, lets see where this goes.....:whistle:

Im betting the TCOC and State Chair Gimmi Jimmi and all the Texas Defenders are on a big call to action on this. I'll bring it to the attention of my COC as well.

I would have to say though that more legislation is not the answer. But I do wonder what the question is though. These things always come as a result of some single issue that arose that received some kinda press or attention. What was the reason for the bill i wonder

Back