Tear Down In Progress Need Help...

Ok today was a somewhat great day and a horrible day all at once...

I got my brand new seat with back rest today...WOOT..Ill post pics tomorrow...
I got my GIPro Gear Indicator w/ ATRE in Red like I wanted...Awesome...

Now the bad news...spent several hours getting the forks cleaned up and ready to go had the springs set up and ready to install...Had the oil on hand...Thought to do a last minute check up at the shop and discovered that OMNI's Race Springs that seem to be drop in for every bike on the market...are not a Drop in for the HAYABUSA...My local shop did not have a pair of 1.1kg standard springs in stock...so now my Forks are on hold until Wed...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Alright that is all....

Hey quick question GIPro w/ATRE...

Where is everyone installing the display...PICS???

Is there a better place to install it...any really good area of the bike to run the wiring???

Alright, some updates from the weekend...

GIPro W/ ATRE installed...Looks great, love that bright red gear indicator..have it programmed for Module 5...cannot wait to get my body kit back so I can ride it and test this thing out...

I got my new seat from New Image Upholstery owned and operated by Lee Gorrera from York, PA. His website is The "New" New Image Online!

He is the original maker/inventor of the custom seats know as "Tobin Seats". He cuts/dishes out the seat, covers them with his wide selection of materials and then custom embroiders them to each customers specifications in his shop by him.

Lee still does seats for Tobin forming them cuting them or dishing them out or even adding foam and or gel to them. After that Lee completely covers the seat with the material chosen and does all the finish sewing around the seat for the final fitment to complete the seat.

Lee is not an employee of Tobins. He is his own owner operator and Ball Z Motorsports is his only Distributor.

So if you want a great seat for a great price contact Ball Z Motorsports in Plattsburg MO.
Ball Z Motorsports

Here are some pics of the seat...

IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

Damn Painters taking their sweet time...Looks like its going to be another 7 days before I see my plastics again...

Alright update time....

Rear sets and brake and clutch lever are off at the powder coaters..will be done today sometime...Gloss Black Pegs front and back are on the USPS truck and will be delivered by weeks end...

Painter quoted as saying "Paint done by weeks end"

WOOT!!!!!!!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Hey quick question GIPro w/ATRE...

Where is everyone installing the display...PICS???

Is there a better place to install it...any really good area of the bike to run the wiring???
mine is velco'd to the bottom of the windscreen, I love it here, and it can be un velcro'd when i need to remove the front end or screen etc...I ran the wiring down the left side along with the clutch cable so i would have something to tie it to and protect it

100_0960.jpg

Last edited:
Spoke with the painter last night, boy is he getting excited seeing the parts come together....First Color of Airbrushing is all done, second color to go on tonight, should have the clear coat put on tomorrow and be back in my hands with in 72 hours...

:beerchug: :thumbsup: :bowdown: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Thanks a ton to Mellow77 :bowdown: for coming over this evening and helping me with the treacherous task of removing the radiator, fan and horn all so we could rip the Pair Valves off the busa...We installed the APE Pair Valve Block Off Plates and got her all back together with just a little bit of Coolant getting sloshed on the floor and a few funny moments where I seemed unable to hold onto anything...after repeatedly dropping the allen wrench Mellow hopped in and tightened the bolt down for me...:beerchug:

Pics of the new install and parts removed coming soon...

Oh Yeah its the final countdown...Painted parts will be delivered to my garage tomorrow morning and the reconstruction of Pamela will begin...

:cheerleader: I cannot sleep tonight, its like X-Mas Eve...Waiting for my shiny new toys in the morning...

have fun tomorrow

it's days like you will have tomorrow that, other than riding, is the 2nd funnest thing to do with bikes...those that dont wrench on their own have no clue the fun and learning they miss out on.

as a sidenote, since you had that radiator out, you flushed it and put in new coolant, correct? may as well start fresh with your baby. what year is it? if older than a couple, may also be a good time to change your brake and clutch line fluid (i would install braided if i were you) and the plugs as well. i would also take off that sprocket cover and clean it up real good behind there (of course also if it were me i would replace it with billet as well as a new ek 530 zzz chain and new sprockets and cush drive rubbers...of course i say that not knowing what year yours is only seeing the 18k miles on the odo).

sorry if i am a bit late to the thread. :laugh:

Jynx...
Chain, sprockets, cush drive rubbers, back wheel, new tires are already replaced with new, plugs are fine checked them already, flushed radiator and replaced all fluids in the fall....Brake Lines were bled and refilled when I installed my three new sets of EBC HH pads...When I get my gas tank back first thing im doing is starting it up getting it running for a few to warm up and doing an oil and filter change...then everything is finally done...

And your right, if you dont wrench your own bike you definitely miss out on half the fun of owning one of the mechanical marvels... :beerchug:

SHES ALIVE...Oh...and so everyone knows...Black/Red/Charcoal/Silver is way faster than just plain red... :moon:

Back