Tank Instrument Cluster

Should look at using some 19 oz fiberglass mat and SMT sun fas resin... That resin is odorless and as long as you work on the shade there is chance on Harding... Beauty of it is that is uv activated and as soon as you take it to direct sunlight it cures in 1 min or less...

GPS has a SW-Motech mount. Radar is in tank bag. Volt meter is in a little Radio Shack plastic project box. When I need it (mostly winter when I use heated geat) I just plug it in and it is held on the tank bag with hook & loop fastner. It all works well but I hate the tank bag as it looks sloppy and gets in the way when you are 3-6 mph over the speed limit.....:whistle:

I also don't have a tank bag (maybe someday) and have the items I mentioned on my bike.
Don't get me wrong what your trying looks OK - but it seems like a lot of work and may or may not turn out the way you want it.
So I just thought I would show you how I did it, all without a tankbag and it works very well for me.
I can see all these items and they are not in the way of the gauges when sitting on the bike. Nothing overlaps if you know what I mean.

In the first image is the GPS and Radar units.
Ram mount to clutch lever bolts and Radar in center stem hole.

Second image is a volt meter I installed.
Has a switch so I can read off the battery alone or the ignition with the key switch on.

I have recently purchased a thermometer to attach for outside air temp too. Nice 1" numbers - so easy to read.
Haven't mounted it yet but will soon.

So there are other ways to carry what you want without much hassle or time.

GPS%20and%20radar_zpsd13awby3.jpg
ignitionon_zps19b1a94a.jpg

With that said, if you do want to carry on - go for it.

One other benefit is, I didn't have to paint anything - and I assume you would have to paint whatever you come up with, right?

Well I don't like the cockpit to look like it has a bunch of stuff strapped on. I like it clean and integrated, and I like how with a tablet you can have all this stuff with one screen (speedo,gps,nav, and backup cam). I understand where you are coming from but in the winter I get as much joy out of modding the bike as i do riding it in the summer. I also like things "built in". Turn it on and it goes, works and is 100% reliable.

Painting is not a problem for me as I have good options but I was hoping to do it in carbon fiber. If I can get it in carbon fiber I'll probably get new surrounds in CF too.

Well I don't like the cockpit to look like it has a bunch of stuff strapped on. I like it clean and integrated, and I like how with a tablet you can have all this stuff with one screen (speedo,gps,nav, and backup cam). I understand where you are coming from but in the winter I get as much joy out of modding the bike as i do riding it in the summer. I also like things "built in". Turn it on and it goes, works and is 100% reliable.

Painting is not a problem for me as I have good options but I was hoping to do it in carbon fiber. If I can get it in carbon fiber I'll probably get new surrounds in CF too.

No Problem Arch.
I never thought my stuff looked strapped on and it works for me.

Maybe after you complete your project I will re-think my options. ???

Now I have an IPAD Mini and is there an app that will work with it to show the Speedo, GPS and Nav etc all on one screen? OR is that only for Android products?
Got any links? Or any images of what it looks like on your tablet? AND is there a cost for that? If not for IPAD there might be a cheap tablet I could dedicate to the Busa? Any tips?

Yes I also use the Stupid Wintertime to work on my bike which is in pieces right now. :laugh:

Yup, but our firewall for work blocks photobucket.... lol.

So your one of the lucky ones and gets to use a computer at work and be on the forum?

When I was working NO computers were allowed and cell phones were not as popular as they are now either.

So count your blessings that you can be online on the forum while at work getting paid to surf. :rulez:

So your one of the lucky ones and gets to use a computer at work and be on the forum?

When I was working NO computers were allowed and cell phones were not as popular as they are now either.

So count your blessings that you can be online on the forum while at work getting paid to surf. :rulez:

It blocks other forums but for some reason not the .Org, but it does block the adds that are on here.

Back