Tango's "Test & Tune" at Texas World Speedway

Tango1300

Registered
Okay all you braggarts!! Time to put up or shut up!! I am renting the track at TWS for a "Test & Tune" day on September 23rd. Yes that is now a SUNDAY! This is a non-school, open track day to just run laps around TWS! If you ever wanted to just take the Busa out for a blast around the track without having some GSXR600 undercut you and make you look weak... this is it!!

You can expect 3-4 HOURS of actual track time! These will be in 30 minute sessions with two other groups running. If you feel you can hang with either of the two groups running you can jump into those run groups as well but will be under supervision.

Lunch will be catered and water will be provided. All other needed items will not.

If you do not have leathers you may rent them from our supplier, http://www.trackleather.com

Full height, over the ankle boots must be worn and gloves must pass over the wrist. Helmets must be current SNELL Approved motorcycle helmets, no flip-up style touring helmets will be allowed.

Your bike must pass Tech inspection prior to getting on the track. All glass must be taped over, rearview mirrors removed, no visible leaks and no loose bodywork. Tires, chain, brakes and fluids must be in NEW or like New condition. This will be a long track day with lots of track time... I suggest preparing properly by getting fresh rubber and brakes.

Motorcycles Unlimited can assist you at their facility to better prepare you for our event.

Event Schedule

Gates open around 6:45 am.

Late registration & tech inspection starts at 7:30 am.

Riders Meeting and group designations at 8:30 am.

First run group on the track at 9:00 am

Second run group on the track at 9:30 am

Break for lunch at Noon-ish... One Hour Break.

Cager Hour on track during Rider lunch break!

Run Groups from 1pm until 5pm

Clean-up and area pick-up til clean.

Gates close at 7pm.

Get home and post bragging rights on Hayabusa.org .... Priceless!

Cost for this event will be $200.00 and will include your catered lunch. Water will be provided.

I am only opening 35 spots and 10 Alternates in case of cancellation.

In the event of a complete rainout, the event date will be moved. Should it rain and we decide to run, you will NOT be held liable for your sessions should you choose to be safe and not ride. The remaining portion of your sessions will be credited to a future event.

Any Questions? Give me a ROLL CALL guys!!

Tango: 832-818-6931

PM me for Payment Details.

This space is very limited as we are not making this a HUGE event. The idea is lots of space to run with as few people on the track at a time.

29mile.gif

Why does everything so COOL happen on the other side of the country ? Sounds like a BLAST, have fun, post up some pic's !!

I should have information on a Host Hotel in the College Station area later today. This way if you can make the event, you will have a place to shower and clean up your sweaty mess!

This is now two times. Both Adam and Tango setting up track days.

Guys you are awesome, I wish I could make it (don't have leathers). What a great group that people take the initative to do this.

(Nekosohana @ Aug. 08 2007,06:55) This is now two times.  Both Adam and Tango setting up track days.

Guys you are awesome, I wish I could make it (don't have leathers).  What a great group that people take the initative to do this.
You can contact the link I provided in the original post and rent the gear you need for $99.00 a day! These are great leathers and the perfect opportunity for you to see how you can enjoy your Busa to the MAX!!

Also note that the TRACK DATE HAS CHANGED TO A SUNDAY EVENT!!! SEPTEMBER 23RD IS THE NEW DATE!

I am doing this so all my HAYABUSA Brothers and Lil' Sisters can come ride and not take the day off of work!

Hotel and Saturday GTG Party INFO:

Comfort Suites
2313 Texas Avenue South
College Station, Texas
979-680-9000
Contact: Steve Nam or mention Tango Track Day to get the reduced rates. Normally $104/night reduced to $72/night with a special EARLY AM Breakfast included for those having to be at the track by 7am.

(kennym4 @ Aug. 08 2007,05:58) Why does everything so COOL happen on the other side of the country ? Sounds like a BLAST, have fun, post up some pic's !!
+1

David - Hope we are done moving by then - I will bring the RC51 if I am able to make it. - I will keep you posted.

Just to let everyone know... the $99 full track leathers rental goes towards any purchase of Gear from Motorcycles Unlimited!

Man what a great deal. You guys are going to have a blast. What a great thing to do.
beerchug.gif

Let me give you guys the deal on the pricing... If you send in your registration before September 1st, you pay 125 entry fee. Pay by the 15th and the fee is 150 bucks... wait til afterwards when its almost full before the date or sold out... the cost will be the full 200 bucks for the day.
lurk.gif
lurk.gif

lurk.gif

Back