Tales from the Harley Side

Twobrothersbusa

Team Gixxer Racing; IDMBT #1
Donating Member
Registered
This happened today during my ride. Light just turned red and I stopped. Harley guy rolls up beside me. We had some words.

Harley Guy: Is that one of them fast bikes.
Me: Made a motion with my hand that indicated a small distance between my thumb and first finger. Just a bit.
Harley Guy: Kawi makes one faster.
Me: I haven't figured out how to use all of this one on the street.
Harley Guy: That Kawi makes about 100 more HP than your bike.
Me: Don't think so.
Harley Guy: Yep, and your bike gets blown around by the wind more than mine....he pats his bagger fairing'd up bike.
Me: Ok

Lights green...I'm gone.

These people ride among us. That's the scary part.

Had some very interesting conversations during the many return visits to HD I had with the Buell. Everything from the brakes being reversed to how it's so light it's a wonder it stays upright in a breeze. I've not had too many bike centric conversations on the road, usually about wearing gear like I expect to crash. The best was the guy that said that with a sleeve of scars from roadrash.

For the most part most of the Harley guys I know are fine with the Busa.

My best Harley story

I was having breakfast with 6 or 7 buddies, Good freind was on his Harley with his girlfreind, They were all harassing me about the Busa.

My buddies Girlfreind ask me Why do you ride that sportbike, I told her when we got back on the road to tell Rodney that you want him to go fast, So when we got to the first light I nodded to her and she told him to go fast, When I saw he was giving it all she had I went around him like he was standing still.

When we got to the next light she yelled over. (( Now I know ))

So when we got to the first light I nodded to her and she told him to go fast, When I saw he was giving it all she had I went around him like he was standing still.

When we got to the next light she yelled over. (( Now I know ))

I like that

I wonder if the Hardley guy had a kawa ??? Since everything on two wheels make 100 hp more than a hardley i dont blame him for generalizing :banghead:

I'd love to be surprised by this, but it sounds about right... I like to think there must be a few of those guys who have a clue, but I never seem to meet them.

Back