Synthetic???

whiskerygoofy

Registered
Taking my bike in for its 600 mile oil change at dealer. Is it okay to move over to synthetic at this change. I use Amsoil 10-40 in my other bike. Think this should work on the Busa??

BTW, I live in Texas, warm climate. Thanks for your input.

Larry

Yes! It is ok to change to synthetic oil at this time. I use Amsoil 10-40 in my Busa and 750.

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144508604 -->

You can use syn. whenever you choose. Some Veh. come from the factory with syn. ie. Mercedes, Corvette, Viper. I recommend Mobil1 MX4T. Also do the oil change your self, it's easy. There are threads on here if you need help.

<!--EDIT|BusaWizard
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144510498 -->

You can use syn. whenever you choose. Some Veh. come from the factory with syn. ie. Mercedes, Corvette, Viper. I recommend Mobil1 MX4T. Also do the oil change your self, it's easy. There are threads on here if you need help.
The only thing about the Mobil1 MX4T...sometimes it's hard to find and expensive. It's funny to hear what Mobil has to say about Aimsoil and vice versa.

With that being said that 600 mile service is a joke. All they do is change your oil and test drive your bike. Do it yourself. Take a look at your owners manual. It will tell you what needs to be done.

Go to wallmart and get some mobile1 gold cap 15/50...I have used it for my last two bikes...its about 25 bucks for a 5 gal. jug...I would stick with the factory filter or a k&n with the nut on the end.

Go with the full synthetic
wink.gif

Some will say to wait till 3000 miles  
rock.gif
 a lot of new high  $$$  cars come from the factory
with full synthetic oil
wink.gif

A question that will undoubtedly make you think I'm out of touch ... but:

If you change your oil every 2-3000 miles minimum, what benefit does synthetic give you over good quality old fashioned petroleum based oil ??

I'll typically change the oil and filter when I can't see through the oil or as a minimum at 2000 miles.

And, do people here pay any attention to the "SF" or "SM" oil grade ratings? I know you don't use oils with the cleaning additives, etc. but the "S?" ratings indicated in the manual are sometimes hard to find where I buy oil. (autozone and wally world)

Back