Suzuki know about gear shift problems...........

OB_soja1

Registered
I was having the same problem shifting from 5th to 6th. After my 600 mile tune-up, it seemed like the problem decreased, but it still happens. I have to really concentrate when shifting. It also seems to shift better when the rpms are higher in 5th when you up-shift to 6th, and it is really smooth then.

soja1

See topic "shifting gears".

My dealer has just informed me that Suzuki have a kit available to those experiancing gear shift problems, particularly between 5th and 6th. They are going to order it.....I'll let you know if it helps.

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited 24 August 1999).]

Going to full synthetic is the cure but wait until full break-in is complete.

Pete, kit from Suzuki ?

What is in it a "Factory Pro Shift Kit" in a Suzuki wrapper?

Get a part munber please and post it or will it be another Backorder Special?

Pete, kit from Suzuki ?

What is in it a "Factory Pro Shift Kit" in a Suzuki wrapper?

Get a part munber please and post it or will it be another Backorder Special?

Call Factory Pro and ask them to send you the secret Shift Kit for the Hayabusa.

Roller Bearing follower and a Heavy Duty spring.

It exists, I recieved mine two days ago.

So what is involved to fit ??
Tear down clutch cover???? please tell me more.
Pic of parts if available .thanks Boss

The kit was in within a week. It consists of a redesigned lever for the end of the gear shift shaft, a shift disc with re-profiled cams and a redesigned arm and roller that sits on the cam. Sorry didn't get the part number.

It makes all the shifts more positive and feels a lot better to the foot. It may be a solution to the false neutrals as it gives a more positive change but I didn't ride it far enough to find out.

Unfortunately it didn't cure my problem of the delay in taking up the drive particulary in 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th which makes it a pain in the ass to ride. It stalls then bucks every time I let the clutch out for for those changes. The dealer says its "adequate" and all busas are like that. I don't know 'cos I havn't ridden any others. I left the bike at the dealer and told him to fix it or keep it. I can't believe they're all like this? It's a real shame 'cos apart from that it's a brilliant bike.

PS VIN JS1A1111100101663

Pete, my busa shifts nice and smooth, never had a problem. Im at 3700 miles and synthetic oil has not been used yet. Your dealer is wrong............sorry.......

To the guys w/missed shifts:

Have any of you experimented with adjusting the position of your gear shifter down a "notch" or so? Try that before you give up some riding time for the dealer to possibly do the same thing.
Believe we discussed above as a potential cure some time ago.

If I drive around town slow and lazy the trans is slow and lazy, the higher I keep the rpms when I shift the easier it shifts. On another subject. I read somewhere that someone found loose philips head screws holding steel plates on the inside part of the frame at the rear axle. I changed my rear tire last night and found the one on the chain side loose enough to tighten in with my fingers and the other side almost as bad. 4600 miles. I thank who ever posted this and also took their advice and locktited them in.

Back