I'm in the UK & the registration no. will be
'V200 MPH'
cute huh.

Copper Busa arriving soon (next week)
I'm in UK and the Registration no.
will be 'V200 MPH'
Cute huh!
Bod

I added up the ones on the Hyabusa registry.
I am certain that some of them are on this list.
I get 76 Hayabusas
21 copper / silver
39 black / silver ( gray )
11 red / black
1 blue
4? ( I guess they don't know what collar they are riding )
Thanks for the response.

[This message has been edited by gurrera (edited 22 July 1999).]

Buddha you will not be the yongest on a Busa
there will allways be someone yonger then you. I am 19 but i was not dumb my first bike was a 600 and there will allways be someone more skilled then you i bet that most of the Busa owners on this board could out ride the both of us so when you get your Busa don't ride it like you are God because it will kill you and everyone eles's insurance rates!

I get 55 Hyabusas
26 copper /silver
22 black /silver (gry)
5 red / black
2 ? ( I gus they don't know what collor they are riding )
Thank for the response.

Tsmith, you are wise beyond your years. Since Buddha cannot dismiss you as just another old Phart, maybe he will pull his head out far enough to follow your cool-headed example. Best regards.

Tsmith, you are wise beyond your years. Since Buddha cannot dismiss you as an old Phart, hopefully he will pull his head out far enough to follow your cool-headed example.

You can kill yourself on a moped, just like you can drown in a bathtub. But the thing is, you are (in all likelihood) GOING to drop your first bike once or twice, in the first 20,000 miles or so that you ride.

There are situations that you won't see for maybe six months or a year or two, even riding every day, and you won't be aware of it until you get caught by surprise. A Hayabusa is an expensive bike to learn on.
Have you checked what your insurance rates will be for it yet? What are they?

Buddha, you have to admit some of your posts so far have made it seem like you aren't quite the sharpest tool in the shed. Just one more thought...don't go out and be a good time-up on your new bike, and get Tsmith's insurance rates jacked up...because they set those by age-group. What you do affects him, and all of us too.

Tsmith, you are wise beyond your years. Since Buddha cannot dismiss you as an old Phart, hopefully he will pull his head out far enough to follow your cool-headed example.

Guys,i dont feel the need to explain to you the fact that,it doesn't matter if i start out on a 600 or 1300.But i will if you insist!!

Sure, Man. Say you live where it rains quite a lot (I grew up in Seattle). Say you are on the freeway in heavy traffic, coming to your exit, and it is raining. You are trying to change lanes to get over without missing your exit, and trying not to get run over and trying not to hit the vehicle in front of you, because the cars are jamming on their brakes in rush-hour traffic. Your visor is wet and foggy, so it's hard to see.

You pretty much have it, but you have to throttle up a bit to get into a gap in the next lane to make your exit. What you can't see is one of those white 'turn' arrows on the concrete, until the car in front of you clears it. Would it ever catch your attention in a car? Probably not. But when they are wet they are slick as goose poop, and when your back tire hits it under throttle, all of a sudden you are crossed-up sideways. You try to get it back but you high-side off your bike, and now you are doing cartwheels down the freeway at 35 mph in rush-hour traffic, with a Peterbilt next to you and a GMC pickup bearing down on you from behind. Not a good feeling.

It happens as fast as you can snap your fingers. It's cool that you are enthusiastic about fast bikes. I love them. I won't give up riding for anything. I just want you to understand that the 'Busa is a professional-level bike, and you need to have a professional attitude to be safe on it. Enjoy the adrenaline rush, but always keep it under control, and you'll be okay.

The above is a true story, by the way. But it is just an example of one hazard. There are lots more. That's why I say you kind of need 20,000 miles to find them.

Thanks for the story.
In past posts i guess i've come off as a cocky,irresponsible,know-itall punk kid,but yet with no experience.
This is the wrong perception of me,except the experience part.But even still,i know i have it in me to ride this motorcycle or any bike for that matter.
But its just that there is no other bike for me,except the 'BUSA.
I was attracted to the bike first for its looks,second to its performance.
It makes me sick to think of some of the guys on here saying things like well...
It took me awhile to get used to its looks,but you certainly cant deny its power.Or i SETTLED for the copper,and wasn't that crazy about it.But since i've been getting compliments from WOMEN about it,i'm starting to like it.(poser)
Must be great to have enough money to get poop you don't really like all the way around.Just for the sake of having it. You just get it for one SPECIFIC reason,that sucks.
Well anyway, there's just no changing my mind on the purchase of this bike.It would piss me off more than anything,thinking of how i would feel after passing a busa on the road if i would have settled for anything else.
And like i've said before,its not all about the speed,the zx12 will be coming out soon and it could be faster.But i don't care.I would if i had money,but i dont.So i have to get what i really want,the first shot.
I cannot use the buy conquer sell moveup technique.I just dont have the time patience or money.But what i believe i do have,is great skill for a beginner.Not to mention great confidence,i've always had motorcyclists' mentality as a car driver.
Most car drivers drive blindly,and are unaware of there surroundings.Alot of drivers always tailgate.Alot of drivers are barely safe enough on 4 wheels,and should never go to 2.
I've already seen and avoided many accidents before i became part of it,with some idiots.
Just last week i was driving down the road,and a car coming the other way decided to turn left in front of me.I seen it coming about 300ft away.Anyway he ended up almost horizontal across the road,blocking off half of each lane, because he failed to judge speed properly or just flat out didn't see me.Either way i set up to pass around the right of him after he finally figured out that he sucks,and as i passed by,i looked over and just shook my head as if to say,you fucked up buddy.And he could think of nothing better to do then to begin yelling & cursing & giving me the finger.I couldn't believe how much of a ignorant sugar he was,knowing it was all on him!!
Anyways i dont know where the hell i'm going with this.I just have too much on my mind to type,it would be easier spoken.
But ultimately it all revolves around the hayabusa.Its pretty much the reason i live anymore. And this will continue 'till the day i get mine,and then i'll really have things to talk about!
But for now i'm just a wannabe...i guess.

WOAH BUDDHA....A lot of experienced people have given you a lot of advice recently. Not all of the advice was about riding a Hayabusa, but it was all good advice. You need to take some time out.....go get some help....talk to someone !
You say the Hayabusa is all you live for...that's pretty sad son. I hope you take this bit of advice onboard...there's more to life than a motorcycle.
One day I hope you get your 'Busa...and remember this motto when you do..

RIDE TO LIVE ... and then live to ride.

To many bikers have sadly missed this point. :(
You can have as many bikes as you like...but you only get ONE LIFE.

[This message has been edited by BigPete (edited 26 July 1999).]

So Earl, how many times are you going to tell us you like your old R1 better before you do something about it? Or are we doomed to countless postings about it from now on? :)

Todd---No countless postings, just trying to find if other people were having the same issues I am having. Is that not the reason we share information, or should we all just act like everything we buy is God's perfect creation? No one, including suzuki has made a perfect bike yet and never will.

Earl, I didn't mean to be hard on you - It just seems you are unhappy and hoping someone would say that it's alright to go back to the R1. I am one who has been extremely pleased with my Busa and haven't had problems but if you aren't enjoying your Busa it could be better for you and the new owner of your Busa if you went back to the R1 which you apparently enjoyed more. I looked at the R1 and XX before buying the Busa and the R1 was just too darn small and uncomfortable to suit my 6'3" frame whereas the Busa has been spot-on. But if you are smaller you may be having the opposite problem. Also - I was looking for more of a sport-touring bike and found it in the Busa but not in the R1 whereas you may be more track orientated and the R1 would be better suited. To sum: They are just two different types of bikes much more so than say the XX and Busa. I am wondering whether you really bought the right 'type' of bike for yourself since we know power/straightline speed must not be the issue.

Back