Registered
are awesome.

DSC08099%20copy.jpg

i definitely approve of this new section :thumbsup:

(waits for posts and pix...)

OOOOooo i like it.... new sections!

And, a second photo.... Suppose someone should post a bike next.... lol

hppp_0702_04_z+1970_pontiac_gto_pro_street+side_view.jpg

can someone explain the difference between a turbo and supercharger?

Supercharges run directly off the motor, they may take 100HP to make 200HP, so you gain 100hp in the process

Turbochargers are run off the engines spent exhaust gases. So called "free HP"

They both serve to force more air into the motor. More air and more fuel mean more HP!!!
Turbos have a bit of Lag time too, where as a super chager is always ready to go so lang as the motor is running.

Both have Pro's and Con's

Last edited:
I have yet to run a Supercharger on a bike (the Setup for my B King is a bit to pricey but god do I want it) I have run them on car engines in the past and always preferred them to turbos. The last one I ran was on a Mazda 13b Rotary. The advantage it offered over the turbo was a Very Consistent power curve. As noted because it was being powered by the engine below 1200 rpm it was a parasite. at about 1300 rpms it became a beast by comparison. it was as if someone had doubled the size of the engine and torque. Loved the setup my buddies running the turbos had better peak HP but to get it and the additional torque they had to rev the hell out of there rigs and the power curve was very peaked.
I have a Turbo on my 05 and love the set up , but I would truly love to add a Supercharger to the B King

Back