Supercharged B-king Build

You did say you were about to say the same thing and laughed about it, so yeah, I'll include you.

This is about exposing people to the world of super chargers on these bikes, and giving someone considering doing one some reliable insight to how this system works. I did not have any influence on how the bike looks, and frankly I don't care, as long as the owner likes his bike. And this guy loves it.

Everyone's entitled to have their opinion, but if you absolutly feel the need to post it, at least be considerate, or constructive.

Exactly Nosbig. Like I just said in my last post, I don't care about how it looks. I'm posting this for "supercharger awareness" if you will. But what I'm going to do is the absolute best job I can to make sure In a mechanical aspect the bike performs, and will last for many years to come.

Yea I guess I also need to be more culturally aware lol. Now back to bikes and tactfully filtering speech as not hurt peoples feelings.

Ill just tell it like it is after sitting here thinking how to reply to this . First I'm sorry i'm not sorry for my comment . Someone needs some thicker skin .
Any time you take a 10k plus bike , and throw cheesy hardware store chrome letters/numbers on it you should be asked by others why .
Next this is a PUBLIC forum so there is the risk that comments may not be to ones liking .

Back on topic of super charging I still say very cool .

So much 4 this thread.......:(

Was really looking forward to seeing the progress of a detailed supercharged build. But now it's all clogged up with a bunch of comments on chrome letters & powder coat colors???

Really o_O
Really it started as a small observation, then turned into a full on hurt feelings report.

I will be really really interested in the final numbers. Like the owner of the bike, I like the idea of doing things a little differently.

I took a look to some old pictures and the up pipe was about the same as this one. I think the radiator just fit when only the left cooling fan stays in place. I first made a mistake with the charger oil can. I got it under the fuel tank, but with the filler cap on the back side. On acceleration the oil was pushed back and the cap is not sealing, so oil came out and spread over the rear tire. After all a stupid mistake, but i was lucky to notice it immidiately on my first test ride.
I got the charger for more then 12k and it's working great, still using the first belt. When the pully ratio is speeding up the charger compared to the crank, very soon there's some belt slip. And i think it's important to keep an eye on the IAT. These chargers generate a lot of heat. Compared to a turbo you really need a some more boost to get the same hp numbers . Charge cooling is no unnesessary luxury.
I'm curious what boost level and hp numbers comes out and how you experience the ride compared to a turbo bike. How you gonna do the fueling? EcuEditor only or also using PC 5. I got a EcuEditor base map if you like as a starting point.

Thank you for sharing your build, I applaud both you and the owner for this unique and special "Busa". I wish I had a buck for every post that made a negative comment on some part or decision I was so proud of when building the Superbyke!

IMG_0029.JPG

I took a look to some old pictures and the up pipe was about the same as this one. I think the radiator just fit when only the left cooling fan stays in place. I first made a mistake with the charger oil can. I got it under the fuel tank, but with the filler cap on the back side. On acceleration the oil was pushed back and the cap is not sealing, so oil came out and spread over the rear tire. After all a stupid mistake, but i was lucky to notice it immidiately on my first test ride.
I got the charger for more then 12k and it's working great, still using the first belt. When the pully ratio is speeding up the charger compared to the crank, very soon there's some belt slip. And i think it's important to keep an eye on the IAT. These chargers generate a lot of heat. Compared to a turbo you really need a some more boost to get the same hp numbers . Charge cooling is no unnesessary luxury.
I'm curious what boost level and hp numbers comes out and how you experience the ride compared to a turbo bike. How you gonna do the fueling? EcuEditor only or also using PC 5. I got a EcuEditor base map if you like as a starting point.

I was courious where the oil tank for the charger goes, as well as what type of oil to put in it. I'm guessing the charger itself also pumps the oil? I only assume that because I didn't see any sort of pump for it with the kit.

Yes I'm tuning it with ecu editor, 3bar map and 1:1 regulator.

With the stock pullies what kind of boost were you getting out of it?

With the stock pullies what kind of boost were you getting out of it?

Which supercharger you are using.
C30-74 or C30-94 ??
On a C30-74, 10 psi should be possible
C30-94 16 psi should be possible.
About this i was asking myself which sort
of spacer you are using if 0,080, and the C30-74,
you will have a very tired motor.

Good Luck

I removed the toolbox and put the fuelpressure regulator and Woolich racing logbox there, and the charger oiltank right behind the cilinders at the left side off the engine, see pic. you just can see the bleu cap of the tank near the frame. You're right,the charger has a little vane pump inside. It uses special friction oil from Rotrex, which is quit expensiv but also necassary to keep warranty on the unit.

I dont know what pully ratio came with your conversion. I machined a 78mm crank pully, the charger has a 80mm to keep it a bit limited in the beginning . OEM crank pully was 85, so a little overdrive. With the 85-80 ratio it did around 15psi @10000rpm. But remember i got the 30-74 charger. The bigger C30-94 will make some more boost. On that one input speed is more limited, otherwise you'll overspeed the charger @ max engine rpm.

PICT0016.JPG

Good luck and thanks for sharing! Looking forward to see how it works out. Just one more thing which is very important cause i don't know if you got a installation manual. In case you've got the first type front cover for the charger, make sure the cup which alls into the support bearring is alligned within 0.02/0.03 mm so the bold is running as it should.

10april 2012 002.JPG

Really starting to come together. I have the kit pretty much fitted on and checked for clearance. We have a few bottles of oil on their way for the supercharger. The radiator clears the up pipe, but just barely.

The next task is to find a proper place to mount the fuel pump, and run all the lines, then fill the cooling system and snug down the exhaust. Then it will be about time to flash a tune in and hit the button!

7229F10C-982E-4ED8-8343-84E1F14DCE3B.jpg

6C0DCC83-006C-4AB5-BCB3-DF02F5ECB253.jpg

0C2EA8FA-9F83-4373-ABDE-9CD8CA3A6EDF.jpg

6620B26C-C6BA-426A-B7A4-7E0243BB8626.jpg

the owner called u to whine about wat someone said about his bike on an internet forum? lmao..... really? tell him to grow some thicker skin!

thats like seeing them gay ass chrome flames on a brand new Dodge Truck that he bought from Pep boys.... bottom line is it look like poop and so do those 1340 stickers. so maybe he will get the hint and remove them. its not different strokes for different folks, its plain TACKY and if he can't figure that out on his own maybe after seeing this thread he will see the light.....:rolleyes:

nonetheless the bike looks badass no doubt!

Fellas, if you don't like parts of the bike, that's fine. It's not yours. Different strokes for different folks.

However, if you're going to tie a racial stereotype to one my clients bikes, who is a person of ethnicity, I will not tolerate that. I DID NOT appreciate the phone call I just got from the owner of this bike after he read these comments before I had a chance to adress this.

Regardless of how the bike looks, looking forward, can we all at least appreciate the fact that this is a rare build and possibly one of the only ones in the states. I think in a mechanical sense we can all agree it's cool, and it will be fun to see what kind of power we can make with this set up.

Back