Sturgis....

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I realize this is generally thought of as a H.D. only event! But, in the last few years I've noticed the mix of Jap bikes to be steadly creeping up..... Have you ever been to this event or are you planning on attending this year? I'm torn "To go" or not "To go"....

I will try to go again this year but am not sure if it will happen yet or not. You must go, it is an absolute blast. No body that matters gives a poop what your riding and actually most of the rides are taylor made for sport bikes.
thumbs-up.gif

I'll be going again this year. I went last year without a bike, but ended picking my new Busa up on the way home. Going with a couple other guys. One has a Harley with the tallest damn ape hangers I have ever seen, and another friend who has a custom painted and polished Kawi ZX-9. The three of us are for sure going and we are trying to talk another guy into riding with us, and he has a nice older GSXR-1100. I aint too worried about riding up there on the jap bikes. Most of the Harley guys around here at least aren't too bad. You have a few a** holes who think you shouldn't be alowed to share the same road as them, but who really cares anyway.

Anyone coming through central Nebraska on the Thursday of the rally is welcome to ride up with us. Maybe there won't be any trouble if we all arrive in a group.
biggrin.gif

I think I am goin, but may rent a Road King and join my buddy in Seattle who has one too, and ride out from there - it should be like ridin a sofa
smile.gif
I'll let u guyz know as the date gets closer we should hook up for a brew or ...
thumbs-up.gif

Sounds good! I'm riding up with a group of four...... As it gets closer I'll post some more info. Anybody recommend a place to stay?

I'm heading there of course since it's in my back yard basically if ya bring your sport bike and really wana experince the hills riding then early morning and sometimes late evening are your best times to take in the hills thats when the fewest amounts of harleys are out there i'll probly trailer both my bikes out so i can mix it up some and still ride most of the days
cool.gif

Depends on what you wana do they have bikes arriving several days before the begining and ususally several at the end in years past i have always gone the last 2 days the back roads are alittle more emptier and you can get killer deals on the merchandise since the dealers don't wana lug it back with them

If you wana take in alotta nice events and parties mid week is the best time otherwise

It's all up to really when ya can get the time i suppose and if you wana ride or party
cool.gif

Guys, I go to Sturgis every year with my Road King. I would not worry about taking my 'busa. No one really cares what you ride. Period. If you act like a squid, and try to be the biggest and baddest around, most likely you will get your ass handed to you in the campgrounds. In town, the only thing you need to worry about is the cops. They have NO mercy no matter what kind of bike you ride. If you want to see Sturgis like it was 20 years ago, try Glenview Camp Ground, or Buffalo Chip. Both turn into little cities where ANYTHING goes. Enjoy the trip. This will be my 15th straight year and every year I swear it will be the last. NOT. Spook

Well if we can lets organize a little get together i will have a few of the roads loged into my GPS that i know are not so popular to ride but are still great fun Busa or Cruiser or none still be loads of fun to hang out ride and shoot the breeze whats everyone think?

Back