Stumble below 3500rpm still present

OB_dave p

Registered
Try altering the gearing i've gone two teeth bigger on the back sprocket and the surging sensation below 3500rpm has gone,also the bike feels like it is running cleaner

Ok guys help me out .I did the fuel pump/screen thing the pull out the injector to look for crud thing the balance the throttle body thing and the adjust the t.p.s. thing and the airbox mod thing along with the TwoBrothers slip on thing.The bike is downright scary if you hammer it .It smacks into the rev limiter almost instantly and wants to wheelie into oblivion but if your putting around the throttle response is hesitant below 3500rpm.It stutters alittle then smoothes out also it seems to be skipping ever so slightly at idle ,what seems weird is when I jumper out the trouble code connector it smoothes right out.I rechecked all my electrics and vacume connections.So what do you guys think? Lean fuel condition? Need a remap?

Hay gsx1300rguy I have about the same things done to my bike, but I have not remapped yet. Just replaced the air filter & plugs put in Denso racing plugs, from Factory Pro (u27es-n-zu)..

2 Bros. told me that under 3500RPM I would have some problems, first replace the plugs, then remap?? I'm going to leave mine along for now, my shop wont’s to replace the fuel filters first?? this week, mybe on Fri..

[This message has been edited by mrabusa_h (edited 27 September 1999).]

I have this also. About 3.5 or 4k it kicks in so hard that sometimes it break the rear tire lose or it comes up almost unexpectedly. I have airbox mod & Yosh RS3. It became really noticable after the pipe install. I need remapped.

I am running stock mapping. I hope to get it remapped this week. I also will be dropping one tooth in the front wich also should eliminate some time below 3k.

status of progress possibly by the end of the week.

TwoBrothers told you to change the plugs to the racing Denso`s? Are they the dual electrode jobbies? Is the heat range different? Did you notice a difference on the plug change? The 16 tooth spocket deal looks good also.

[This message has been edited by gsx1300rguy (edited 27 September 1999).]

gsxr1300guy if you want you can stop over here and remap a the house, I will have a Yosh box in my hands thursday afternoon.

No TB did not tell me to change plug's, I just did it to see if it would help..

Are they the dual electrode jobbies? No
Single but U shaped & a smaller electrode, still have a little backfire but not like I had.. Now It sounds good??
Heat range I'm not concerned about, but did I see a change after putting in the plugs : Yes.. The standard plug was $3.50 the race was $4.50 each, so I used the race!!

I had my bike mapped and dynoed .. It dynoed 163/164HP. On my ride home i notice that the large studder at 3-4k rpms was almost practically gone!! I did notice a very slight studder between 1.5-2k. Which I think as just mentioned will be eliminated when I drop my one tooth on the front sprocket. I have it just need to put it on now.

conclusion: mapping will helps elimate the be studdering at 3k that seems to be caused by the pipe and airbox mod.

good luck

Just my experience with my particular bike, BUT---The power commander will eliminate the problems at 1800-2200 rpm bogs during LIGHT throttle riding and will also eliminate the stumble or uneven power around 3000 rpm.
The PC2 adds tons of fuel at and around 3000 rpm, and also tricks the ECM into thinking the throttle position is 5% different at 3000 rpm.
This is why when you use the PC2, or at least when I do, the power delivery is linear with the throttle. With the Yosh box its not as smooth. And this is with my airbox cut open and a BMC filter.
Bob

Yes, PC2 is now working.
Dyno and street performance can be very different.
If you replaced your stock exhaust exhaust system with a full aftermarket, you should remap.
You just can't tell because you have nothing to compare to.
Peak HP is one point at wide open throttle. As you know there are many other in real world riding.

Bob where are you with the maps in the PCII?

Are you useing the ones off the CD or custom ones you created. Any new direction in the fuel pump pressure?

I also had the hesitation (lean surge) at 3000-4000 rpms until I installed the PCII. Now mine pulls clean and hard from 2000 up. I can whack it all the way open no problems

DOn
RoadDog

After testing mine, found that I did not need remapping.. After putting in the Air filter & racing plugs.. AND OF CORES THE TBR RACE CANS :)

Dynoed very well from 1,150 - 10,500 Rpm !!

Dyno report was : Runs very well, no missing at all, very smooth.

Back