Stuck On Full

Bobby914

Registered
My gas gauge is stuck on full with the key on...new sending unit or is it hung up. Gonna tear into it this week just looking for a heads up on where to go.

My gauge was not working and my fi light kept coming on....we pulled the pump out of the tank and my fuel gauge assembly was stuck on the opposite side of the grove it is supposed to sit in. It was put back in the correct position and it works.

Repaced the level guage and no luck still stuck on full. Damn shame to have a great mavhine and have to deal with trivial bull crap. Anybody got anymore ideas? If not I guess I will replace the whole sending unit as my OCD will noy let me deal with the guage not working properly. Lol. Come on Suzuki! Lol

update...installed the new float, and got nothing, so I said F it imma ride, filled it up with gas and rode a while and it started reading, can't explain it but for now its working.

You know, I've NEVER relied on fuel gauges on bikes, they always tell lies. Wildly inaccurate.
My tried and true method is to ALWAYS fill the tank to the top, then zero the trip meter and I know I will be needing gas at about 280kms, sometimes the fuel light comes on around 270kms but only if I've been nailing it. I have had 300kms before the fuel light comes on.
So, my No 1 trip meter is my fuel gauge, and No 2 trip meter is zeroed every time I lube my chain.
Simple, but it works perfectly.

Back