Stretching

Get some Soupy's adjustable links and you can adjust the ride height in just a few minutes. I'm at 5.5" and I can adjust it high enough so it won't rub with anyone on the back.

depends,if your both 90lb midgets then you will be fine!

most ppl are to big for stock rear spring on a stock bike let alone a stretch one,I stretched mine +6,at 290lbs I couldnt even sit on it without it rubbing,I sent an 08' shock to traxxion dynamics and they hooked it up for $240...they will make it for your weight,riding style and compensate for whatever stretch you have,mine had a 1" spacer with a 1300lb spring...PERFECT!!

If I stretch my bike 4inches will my wife still be able to ride on the back.

Not sure, let's see a picture........ :poke:

Actually you will need a stiffer spring, or a race shock, but that's pretty pricey.

P.

:beerchug:

I have my setup listed in my sig.
PM me if you have any specific questions, but yea, you need a stiffer rear suspension and you should lower rear w/either dogbones *cheap way* or threaded links *$$ adjustable way* but clearance will depend on your specific stretch and what kind of undertail/rear taillight assembly you're running.

I put over 2k miles on my bike with wifey riding on back @9" over-one thing that MAJORLY impacts how comfortable you will be is the seating-MUST upgrade to TOBIN seats; cheap mod that makes seating more upright so your lady wont crush your family jewels into the tank:thumbsup:

sure you've seen it since you looked up the thread but here it is since i said i would post it,you can see the differrence in the rebuilt shock (blue spring and spacer)

new shock.jpg

im about 230 my wife is about 125 will i have to replace the shock or spring with about a 6 inch stretch?? this whole stretch idea gets more expensive everyday.

I'm 225# and my girl is 120 tops, my Busa has a 7" stretch and is lowered 1.25". I only had trouble with rubbing on large bumps or big dips in the road 2up. BUT, when i would race, it would hit the undertail at launch and on every gear shift. So I too did the traxxion dynamics custom shock/spring rebuild, and I highly reccomend it to anybody doing a stretch.. bike handles better too. I can just about get it all the way down still in the twisties.

Back