streetfighter busa

codger

Registered
has anyone converted a busa to a streetfighter type bike? I have been toying with the idea of picking up a crashed busa and converting it to a streetfighter.
i dont care for the bking. i'm thinking of a basicly stock busa with a nice round headlight and slightly taller bars etc with the busa tail section tank etc. just a thought im leaving my 07 as configured from the factory except for a few mods ive already done seat windscreen heli bars etc and best of all mirror spacers they are killer usebale mirrors on a sportbike who would have thought it was possible.

like this....

hayabusa.jpg

or
hayabusa%20rat.jpg

or
busa.jpg

TheHayabusaProject.JPG

hayabusasf.jpg

leipzig_motorradmesse_naked_bike.jpg

I can understand the streetfighter look, and I like alot of it. The thing I don't get is the extreme kicked up tailsection. That can't be comfortable.

have seen a couple but they looked more like ultra low budget crash fixes than 'street fighters" that keogh bike looks pretty stout!... I suppose the trick is to look good without looking like it was all you could afford?

well that answers that. i was thinking more along the lines of removing the fairing sticking with the stock tank and tail section and adding a nice round headlight that would compliment the round shape of the tank and tail section with of course a different triple clamp and say superbike bend bars.
i'm not sure what I would do with the instrument cluster I kind of like the layout of the stock guages. I may start looking for a mildly crashed busa and see what I can do with it. I'm not stripping my 07 I like it just the way it is.
maybe what im thinking of would be more of a cafe racer than street fighter.

Back