Stock...whats Next First Step?

greg3852

Registered
My 2004 is stock minus slip ons, an ecu flash, and a 24v system. What would be my next step to bring this bike a little farther? I was looking at turbo kits, but they are around $4k.

Would an APE 1397 kit be the best next step? Looks like one can be had for under $1k. Is that correct? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Everything is cost vs reward. How big how fast is the end goal. I'm not a expert but what I read here to get above 200hp you are in it big $$ to bore and heads to break 200.

kickmod-jpg.7239.jpg

NOS?? A Poor mans turbo. I've not looked into it but i bet you can get at least 50hp before getting into engine work.

Haha my original plan was to go turbo, but with buying another Harley Ultra Classic (Yes I said ANOTHER) and a turbo I think that might be pushing my luck. Maybe some day but for now I was thinking a 1397 for $900 might be worth it. I would pull the engine and do the work myself, so there would be savings there.

How about sharpening up your chassis first, before going down the HP black hole?
You know, Ohlins shock, lightweight wheels, Brembo brakes etc.:bounce:
For me, the chassis improvements are so much more rewarding before worrying about power.
The 'Busa has oodles of grunt to start with! :thumbsup:

I was thinking the same but i guess there are'nt many hills or 'curvy" roads round his way...
How about sharpening up your chassis first, before going down the HP black hole?
You know, Ohlins shock, lightweight wheels, Brembo brakes etc.:bounce:
For me, the chassis improvements are so much more rewarding before worrying about power.
The 'Busa has oodles of grunt to start with! :thumbsup:

Ha ha my original plan was to go turbo,
but with buying another Harley Ultra Classic (Yes I said ANOTHER)
and a turbo I think that might be pushing my luck.

Maybe some day but for now I was thinking a 1397 for $900 might be worth it.

I would pull the engine and do the work myself,
so there would be savings there.

Plus the longer it sits in the garage with the motor out ~ all of your Harley Davidson friends will think it's really fast . . .

Hayabusa 1904 Palomar.jpg

I would just ride my Hayabusa around like it is ~ feel FREE to follow along @ www.Instagram.com/RocketRedC . . .

My 2004 is stock minus slip ons, an ecu flash, and a 24v system. What would be my next step to bring this bike a little farther? I was looking at turbo kits, but they are around $4k.

Would an APE 1397 kit be the best next step? Looks like one can be had for under $1k. Is that correct? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Rather than throw a load of dollars at it doing this and that for a few HP here and there which is what I did, just supercharger her and be done with it (is there such a thing as be done with a Busa lol) I supercharged mine and wish I had done it years ago :lol::race:

Just did chain/sprockets (-1 front, +2 rear) today... definitely feels snappier! I'd recommend this to anyone that lives where they can't enjoy their near-200mph stock top speed on a regular basis. :thumbsup:

With a new battery and 4 gauge wiring, it still wouldn't start after being ridden hard. 24v starts right up.

It's sounds like you have a built motor my friend. Or spend the money to have the valves checked to make sure they're in spec. Anyway, best of luck with it.

Back