stock 06 busa nitrous

shortbus872

Registered
looking to put some spray to my bike, my question is has anyone did it to a stock bike? do i have to have a power commander or some kind of get rich quick module for the fuel injection? i weigh 240 with out leathers and my best pass so far is a 10.41@136mph in the 1/4. the only thing done is a shinko tire and a 3 in drop in the rear and 1 1/4 handle bar risers to slide the forks up. id like a 9.90 so bad.

looking to put some spray to my bike, my question is has anyone did it to a stock bike? do i have to have a power commander or some kind of get rich quick module for the fuel injection? i weigh 240 with out leathers and my best pass so far is a 10.41@136mph in the 1/4. the only thing done is a shinko tire and a 3 in drop in the rear and 1 1/4 handle bar risers to slide the forks up. id like a 9.90 so bad.

If you fog the box with a single tip you could run up to a .28 pill which is like a 30 shot without needing a PC or Rich quick setup.. By fogging the box the nitrous hits the air temp sensor and basiclly tells the bike its in alaska "ADD FUEL MOFO".

I personally would take it to a dyno and get it pulled on motor and then on spray. Make sure your stock fuel pump is up to the task. The stock fuel in perfect working order has will supply fuel the fuel easily. I have seen and am also one of the unlucky souls that has a busa that sat for awhile from previous owners which lead to my fuel pump going out.

Also get a clutch mod if you dont have one!!!!

You might consider starting with a 20 shot or smaller!! I didnt see in your mods that the bike was extended. Swb will be fun and challenging on dope!! I know it dont sound like much but nitrous has a nice torque spike that makes things.....................well lively!!

I personally have a 36 pill in mine and its 63' long. To get ET you have to get the first 330ft as low as possible. Spraying the bike down track wont effect the et that much. The mph will go up for sure. As you can see from my sig!! I run 9.5 pretty consistent NA. I hit the dope middle-top of 2nd thinking it would be 9.1-9.2's. First pass was 9.42@150.......... Everyone said I should try spraying in 1st. I tried to spray around 7k and she stood straight up. I bumped the air shifter short shifting the bike and went 9.38@149. Another pass I sprayed in second again 9.45@149.

Hope that helped!!! Have fun!!

My tuner has a schnitz 2 dial nitrous controller for sale. $150 shipped!! will let you progressively bring the nitrous in!! Shoot me a pm if your interested

not sure if the small shot would would have to run to be "safe" could get you into the 9's or not. teezy was spot on with his info and if you look at his et's the 36 pill only dropped his et's 1 tenth.
if youre mainly intersted in drag racing i would change sprockets(very inexpensive) before i went a bought a nitrous kit. then work in getting a 4 into 1 pipe. you can find a used one for a little more than what a nitrous kit is gonna end up costin.

if you spray...get a spray bar instead of fogging the box and have it activated through your ECU. Thats how I have my 40shot.

thanks for the tips and expertice. i recently purchesed a fogger kit, bottle , solonoids, whole thing for 200 bucks. it has jets in it .024 on the nitrous side and .020 on the fuel side and for the life of me i cannot find a site or forum that tells me about how much hp gain im looking at. i dont have a problem buying jets so any help would be greatly appreciated. looking for a 40 hp setup as well as a 70 to possibily 100! trying to stay on a stock swing arm thus we run on the street and a big nasty arm hanging out the back just looks fast. my buddy had a 50 shot on his busa with a 4 over arm air shift and a multi stage clutch and ran 9.50's but it looked fast and could never get a race.

Are you saying you want to go fast without looking fast? I'm sure if your friend went to a drag strip he would get plenty of races regardless of how fast it looked.

If your fuel system is in good working condition, you can run a 65hp shot. But you have to make sure the tune is on and everrything is working well. I made 215hp on a stock 2006 Hayabusa. Baseline was indeed 150hp stock. I used the ECU to map it. The more you can use earlier on the better chance of ETs dropping accordingly.

It sounds like the kit you have is a wet kit, which you don't want to spray the airbox with.

I had a dry kit with a .040 jet on stock WB. I had to shift into second before hitting the spray, and then short shift into third. It would carry the front wheel to almost the 1/8th mile mark. It would usually knock off about a little less than a tenth in the 1/8th mile.

You still have a lot left in your riding. With an airshifter, lowered rear, pipe, and regeared, I went 9.72 in the 1/4 stock wheelbase. And I was 250lbs in underwear at the time. I would concentrate on getting better at riding before installing the spray.

if you spray...get a spray bar instead of fogging the box and have it activated through your ECU. Thats how I have my 40shot.

Do you mind elaborating a little more on your set up? I have a 05 with full exhaust and timing retard eliminator. I am looking to purchase a used kit used locally with the spray bar to each throttle body, are you retarding the timing at all?

I am no stranger to nitrous, I was spraying a 200 hit on my camaro for a while.

just wanting to get more of info before spraying the busa.

Do you mind elaborating a little more on your set up? I have a 05 with full exhaust and timing retard eliminator. I am looking to purchase a used kit used locally with the spray bar to each throttle body, are you retarding the timing at all?

You can have a secondary map in the stock ECU. So it can be activated through a switch or through a air shifter like I have mine setup so it the nitrous comes on in 2nd gear and up as well as uses a map for the nitrous of course once you arm it. The primary map is your everyday NA map. Very slick and simple setup.

When I stepped it up to 65hp shot, I started using a Progressive setup but set it up more like a 2 stage. 25hp in first gear then the rest 2nd gear up.

Like BusaShot says....I also have mine tuned with the N20 map kicking on when the N20 is activated....it is street map unless the N20 switch is activated. I have a N20 harness on it from BoostbySmith. Once it is switched on mine comes on at 85% throttle and between 8500-10700 RPM. The timing is retarded some as well...through ECU flashing. Mine was tuned by Johnny Cheese....so he did all the magic.

I have a 40shot Kit that came as a kit to fog the box, but bought a spray bar and shower head from Gixxr1300 to use in it.

Back