SR-i500 Alarm install w/pics and how toos

I fixed it! I wasn't connected to the black and white wire but rather the white and black. Now it works like a charm!

I ordered a Scorpio i8oo with a Suzuki SUZ-1 harness from Pashnit and thought of installing it today, but I think I was sent the wrong harness. Isn't the Suzuki harness supposed to be a plug-n-play harness that connects to the rear lights? Like this:

real_harness.jpg

I ordered a Scorpio i8oo with a Suzuki SUZ-1 harness from Pashnit and thought of installing it today, but I think I was sent the wrong harness. Isn't the Suzuki harness supposed to be a plug-n-play harness that connects to the rear lights? Like this:

aah, nevermind. The SUZ-1 harness was the right one.. after I took my head out of my ass and took a longer look.. :learn: I can really recommend Scorpio, very easy to install :thumbsup:

Hey folks....I installed my i800 today (I won't admit how long it took me to get this thing put in), and my issue now is that the alarm doesn't go off at all, unless I actually touch the main wire at the MCM.

The remote seems to be connected (after having to do a system restore), but when I hold down the button on the remote, the bike chirps 4 times...If I hold it down again, it makes the same chirp. I can't tell when it's armed or not, and if I rock the bike back and forth, the alarm doesn't trigger. There's a single chirp when I turn the ignition (disarming maybe?) and I think 4 chirps a few seconds after I turn the bike off.

So I guess my question is, how can i know if the issue is with the arming/disarming of the system, or just the sensitivity? I placed the MCM in the same position and orientation as ICEMANN, but I feel like I could jump up and down on this thing without triggering the alarm right now...

Time to wake up this old thread with a new question: How do you connect the alarm wiring to trigger the bikes horn? I will be installing either the a PIAA sports horn, Stebel or Wolo Bad boy to replace the stock horn. Thanks!

^^^Related to above question^^^
I have attached three wiring diagrams with the question above. Are the locations on the arrows in question the locations to tap into for wiring alarm to horn or is there a better way? Is a relay and fuse needed between the connections? I'm also guessing if I use the OEM harness, I could use the freed up generic wiring and t-taps to make the connections. Oui ou Non?

uploadfromtaptalk1328548345693.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328548366474.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1328548416865.jpg

I did it a much simpler way. Sorry for the delays too. I took one of the grey wires that normally went to flash the rear turn signals. I went from the gray wire to a relay. the grey wire triggered the relay which got power from the battery. No pull on the alarm itself. From the relay output I went to the horn. When the alarm went off it pulses the grey wire. it pulls from the relay and honks the horn. If your alarm does not blink the lights but makes them steady on, then use a blinker module, like the one that clicks under the dash when you turn on a turn signal in your car. relay to blinker to horn. I took the other grey wire and went to a relay, then to both turn signals so they both would blink. The relay power gave me enuff juice to also trigger my stobes.

jd

piece of advice using t-tap connectors isnt the best idea... they are known for for causing corrosion under the sheathing and causing problems down the road

Back