SR-i500 Alarm install w/pics and how toos

Okay Im Having the problem with the bike not shutting down when i hit buttons 1 and 2....i get the alram going off and the turn sigs flashing but the bike keeps running, and i used Ice's method and used the yellow wire with the green tracer.....so if im understanding this....the wire i used,(yellow with green tracer) will only prevent a hotwire or make it so the bike cannot be strated while the alarm is armed....butttt, if the bike is already running, by using the (yellow wire w/Green tracer) you will not be able to remotley shut your bike down?  I really wanted that feature so should i go to the fuse box and use the orange wire or possibly the fuel pump wire?  I have LED everything (turn sig's front and rear, Tail light) and they all seem to be working with the alarm...except the tail light but i dont think this is supposed to flash or is it?
ICE that was truely an awesome write up, i took the wireless laptop out to the garage and i did it in like an hour...well tack on one more hour for locking my trunk with the cable to the release disconnected and the time it took me to drill a big A$$ hole in the bottom of my rear fender, and then taping it all back up with 100mph tape =)....Im prob going to chage the kill wire just cause i want to be able to kill the bike remotley while its running but everything else seems okay...Ive been playing with the alarm and i noticed if you approach the bike from the front u can even tip the bike a little without setting off the alarm......not a big deal but just little quirks.....i guess for the most part your backed up to the curb or in most situations people approach a bike from the rear and the perimeter sensor even picked up my 100 and nothing pound girlfriend with her about 3-5 feet away approaching from the rear. Im happy with it for the most part as long as i can find an easy way to switch it to being capable to kill a running bike.....Sopranos is on..im out fellas....BBB

<!--EDIT|BurbankBusaBoy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143436571 -->

yep you should have used the orange and white wire. My wire harness was modified. I thought I fixed that in the post.

JD

nice job the directions dont give you a clue
where or how to mount i was lucky the tec rep at scorpio e mailed me two pixs that gave me half an idea

Anyone got pics of the hyjack installation for the fuel pump and one for the main fuse to cut power.  Trying to decide which way to go.  I have installed everything else and it works fine.  Perimeter does not pick up movement at the front of the bike.  Probably because of the gas tank.  But it watches the back and middles well.  When it comes to cutting the wires that make the bike run, I plan the move before I take it.  Pics would help.
wink.gif

ice what was total cost of alram if you dont mind me asking i am trying right now to save for the bike show in january in nyc but hopefully after that i will be putting away my pennies for the comfort of alarm sweet detail in piks thought thanx i had it my 600rr but allready in and worked good

(nme617 @ Dec. 17 2006,14:31) ice what was total cost of alram if you dont mind me asking i am trying right now to save for the bike show in january in nyc  but hopefully after that i will be putting away my pennies for the comfort of alarm  sweet detail in piks thought thanx i had it my 600rr but allready in  and worked good
Send him a PM...he hasn't logged on since 11/22, might have to wait a bit to hear from him. This is a OLD thread
wink.gif

(nme617 @ Dec. 17 2006,16:31) ice what was total cost of alram if you dont mind me asking i am trying right now to save for the bike show in january in nyc  but hopefully after that i will be putting away my pennies for the comfort of alarm  sweet detail in piks thought thanx i had it my 600rr but allready in  and worked good
pm FJRider...he has a contact in North Dakota that has the best price...i got mine for $230 in October but can't seem to find the phone number at the moment

(nme617 @ Dec. 17 2006,14:31) ice what was total cost of alram if you dont mind me asking i am trying right now to save for the bike show in january in nyc  but hopefully after that i will be putting away my pennies for the comfort of alarm  sweet detail in piks thought thanx i had it my 600rr but allready in  and worked good
This is Vman (Kevin) site but just give him a PM for the best pricing on this alarm and it will included every plug'n offered. Tell'em Rhythm sent ya.

semi  
Top Gun

Group: Donating Member
Alton,IL
 Posted on: Dec. 17 2006,15:06        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(nme617 @ Dec. 17 2006,16:31)
ice what was total cost of alram if you dont mind me asking i am trying right now to save for the bike show in january in nyc  but hopefully after that i will be putting away my pennies for the comfort of alarm  sweet detail in piks thought thanx i had it my 600rr but allready in  and worked good

pm FJRider...he has a contact in North Dakota that has the best price...i got mine for $230 in October but can't seem to find the phone number at the moment  [/Quote]

Thats a sweet deal MME617 but I bet Kevin (VMAN) can beat that price or match it (support the site).
Does the kit include every option offered ? Keep this in mind when buying and comparing because some vendors usually don't include a complete kit with their advertised price !!!!

mr468anim.gif

Thanks for all the great tips.
This is my second scorpio alarm install. first time on '05 now on '06 Busa's and i used the "Orange" wire as ignition kill and it works great.
Start the bike,while engines running push #1 and #2 at same time and alarm sounds. 20 seconds later another alarm and bike shuts down.

The only problem I'm having is i got the newest edition of the system with black rechargeable remote and even after 24 hours on the charger only the lowest power level bar shows? it should have three bars showing full charge. i will call manufacturer and see whats up.

up date: I called company and they said there must be a defect in the remote and their sending me a new remote! great customer service.

P6110006.JPG

Scorpio is the best by far

love the remote..by my bed side...wish the remote alarm was louder my only complaint...oh my battery last a day off the charger...wonder where you get a new rechargable???

I mounted mine on the flat piece behind the engine compartment, lifting up the tank and straight down with velcro

my biggest worry... was the heat from the engine but its been mounted for a full seaon in blistering heat temps and no issues...its completely hidden and I would think any thief with a brain would tear apart the tail first

ill be meeting them with bat in hand by the time they cart my bike away...fingers crossed

Icemann, Maybe you can assist me in my alarm installment. I ride a 08 busa and the alarm that I have is a simply alarm but I don't want to wind up connecting the wrong wires. I have seven wires to hook up and the instructions read something like this.
1. 12v(+) -(Red Wire)
2. 12v(-) -(Black/White wire)
3. Key on+12v (orange wire)
4. Start Wire - (Black/White wire)
5. Ignition Off (Up) low voltage auto tester suggested
6. Ignition Off (Down) low voltage auto tester is suggested test which terminal is for turning off the engine.
7. Direction light - (black wire)
8. Direction light - (Green wire)

I'm not sure where to find #3,#4,#5,#6,
my email is corey.wiley_1@yahoo.com if u want to drop me a line or two. That goes for anyone who can help me with this project. Thanks:thumbsup:

today install scorpio alarm sthe same place as author write. thanks for photos and idea where to place main module!

i have busa 99 year

Icemann, Maybe you can assist me in my alarm installment. I ride a 08 busa and the alarm that I have is a simply alarm but I don't want to wind up connecting the wrong wires. I have seven wires to hook up and the instructions read something like this.
1. 12v(+) -(Red Wire)
2. 12v(-) -(Black/White wire)
3. Key on+12v (orange wire)
4. Start Wire - (Black/White wire)
5. Ignition Off (Up) low voltage auto tester suggested
6. Ignition Off (Down) low voltage auto tester is suggested test which terminal is for turning off the engine.
7. Direction light - (black wire)
8. Direction light - (Green wire)

I'm not sure where to find #3,#4,#5,#6,
my email is corey.wiley_1@yahoo.com if u want to drop me a line or two. That goes for anyone who can help me with this project. Thanks:thumbsup:
Call up Scorpio and buy a harness for an 08, thats what I did....

WOW;

5 years later and it's still helping everyone. Its amaizing after all this time logging in to see these old posts still current. Thanks

jd

For what it is worth. I have a 06 model and I wired the ignition interupt like you adviced. It works fine, but talking with Scorpio customer service, they adviced to wire to the fuel pump. That they have had issues with wiring to the starter reley at high speeds. The bike will feel like it is sputtering. I have not had this issue, maybe I have not got on my bike hard enough, but I will leave it alone unless I have an issue as I described. If anybody else experiences this event, please share it with the community.

If you solder your joint you shouldnt have a problem, at least I never have. I had problems with the HID flickering on/off when I came to a red light due to LOW idle which = low voltage or not enuff current for the HIGH DRAW for HID.

Funny thing now that you mention it I had hesitation as if the power failed a few times to find out my "JUMPER WIRE" on the "TEATHER KILL plug" severed inside the plug. Replaced the kill switch plug with a new one and that solved that. The high speed would "pull" on the coiled wire for the teather plug causing the "break inside" to open and thus momentarily "kill" the power to the bike.

$.59 cent fix. Sadly those that had the problem never posted what actually solved it. Might not of had anythign to do with it. HOWEVER..........

both spots will get you the same results! ENGINE KILL.

jd

jd

Well, I just got through installing my SR-I900 with perimeter sensor and ignition disable and.....nothing happens....just as I figured. I don't think there is any power going to the Main Control Module. The taillight is always on too so it is obviously the wiring. I bought the bike used and the previous owner put on a Rumble Cyclops undertail and hacked the crap out of the wiring so I couldn't use the factory connector kit I bought. I used the generic connector and connected it according to the instructions. The taillight connectors were obvious. I connected the orange connector to the brown tailight wire (actually my brown wire has been spliced together with a yellow wire that goes to the taillight?) and the black ground connector to the black/white wire which also goes to the taillight. I've included a pic, I am pretty confident that everything else is fine. I wired the ignition disable to the yellow/black fuel pump relay instead of the starter relay which seems to be the preferred method.

Diagram.jpg

Back