Spun Rod Bearing Advice & Help… Please

SR-71

Registered
Hello everyone,

As some of you may or may not recall I had a strange ticking sound and posted in the forum with a couple videos for the members to look at and advise me… Well it’s been a little while but the mechanic was finally able to get to my bike and it looks like it spun a rod bearing.

I could really use some advice from the forum’s expertise:

1. What should the average cost of repair range?

2. Should I buy a new crankshaft or have this one repaired… Is there someone in Los Angeles you could recommend to re-Journal the crank?

3. Could you please recommend the reasonable parts supplier for miscellaneous parts such as complete gasket set, new rod bearings, new crank bearings or anything else you think I may need

4. Are there any upgrades that I should consider performing while the engine is apart

Please feel free to advise me with any tips or tricks or information you feel may be helpful

Thanks again for your time and consideration

Yours truly,

SR 71

Hello everyone,

As some of you may or may not recall I had a strange ticking sound and posted in the forum with a couple videos for the members to look at and advise me… Well it’s been a little while but the mechanic was finally able to get to my bike and it looks like it spun a rod bearing.

I could really use some advice from the forum’s expertise:

1. What should the average cost of repair range?

2. Should I buy a new crankshaft or have this one repaired… Is there someone in Los Angeles you could recommend to re-Journal the crank?

3. Could you please recommend the reasonable parts supplier for miscellaneous parts such as complete gasket set, new rod bearings, new crank bearings or anything else you think I may need

4. Are there any upgrades that I should consider performing while the engine is apart

Please feel free to advise me with any tips or tricks or information you feel may be helpful

Thanks again for your time and consideration

Yours truly,

SR 71
I'm also close to LA with the same issue sadly any luck and what did you end up doing?

I'm also close to LA with the same issue sadly any luck and what did you end up doing?
What do you have in stock and where are you located? #spunbearing. Won't be able to look at the carnage for 2 weeks but when I do I'll know just hod bad it is, sounds like it's just one though
This is an old post and people you are posing your questions to probably won't answer any time soon.... @GoldenChild is around somewhere but it's almost been a year since he was on here....

Probably better to start a new post to attract members to assist if possible.

Back