sprocket teeth?

SSP13R

Registered
as the title states, how many teeth on a stock front sprocket? i'm looking to drop 1 tooth, so i need to know w/ o pulling off the old one.

17 for gen 1 18 for gen 2
cool.gif

leave front alond and put a 43 in the rear.!! youll love it. and a hell of alot quicker to do.

Will putting a 43 on the rear correct the inaccurate speedometer too. Seems easier than a speedo healer. If it does work like that is a 43 the right amount of teeth on a K8 or would a different one be closer?

no it wont u still need to use a speedohealer to correct either way you go.

thanx. i would rather swap the rear, but i dont wanna buy a new chain either. cost effectiveness is important. and 30 bux is a hell of a lot cheaper than 200 for both new parts. i know about the speedo healer, so thats another additional cost.

you dont need to change the chain for the bigger sprocket in the rea you can go upto a 43 with oem chain.

Is 42 teeth stock?? I just counted mine.. Reason i ask i wanna dyno it soon so id like to know for my top speed.. Which I know isnt all to accurate on a dyno without the wind force..

well i went over to ricky gadson's open house today and they had a 16t vortex front sprocket in stock, and got an additional 5% discount anyway, so i bought it. 30bux aint bad.

installed the sprocket today. had no idea that the slave cylinder is housed in the countershaft cover, and unfortunately the piston popped out, and i got stuck bleeding the clutch, but aside from that, pretty easy job, with great results. feels so much stronger. now if i could get some time to dial in the suspension, it'll be a real animal.

Back