Sprocket Change and Speedometer

dezzy7

Registered
I'm dropping one in the front, and was wondering what affect will this have on the speedometer. Does anyone know if I will need to recalibrate the speedometer or get a Yellow Box. If I need a yellow box where is the best place to get one and whats the cost?

With the stock sprockets the speedo was already off something like 7%. They all come that way... reading 6% - 10% faster than you actually are.

With a smaller sprocket on front, the speedo is going to be off that much more. As an example, when your speedo says 170MPH, the bike might only be going 155MPH. Yeah, that much.
sad.gif

You can get Yellow Boxes straight from the manufacturer, Black Box Robotics. Yellow Box Manufacturer

They don't give these little things away. So a lot of guys just figure out how far off their speedos are and keep that in mind when glancing at the speedo. Nothing wrong with that at all. But the speedo error also affects the odometer, resulting in more miles being recorded than you have actually ridden. Over a few years that can add up.

just disconnect it, you're speed is going to be so far off it's not even worth looking at it. I disconnected mine about 6 months ago. If you are concerned about your exact speed, get a GPS

Mike

"Just get a yellow box Dezz"! I would sell you mine but I dont have the instruction that came with it. If you can get the instruction on how to wire it up I sell mine to ya for $43 shipping included.

"Just get a yellow box Dezz"!  I would sell you mine but I dont have the instruction that came with it.  If you can get the instruction on how to wire it up I sell mine to ya for $43 shipping included.
SOLD!!!!! to the man on the blue and silver busa!!!!!

Can't believe I finally got a deal before , not calling any names (THINKER62)
laugh.gif
jump9.gif

Back