splitting the cases.....

Nicholas

Registered
im having a issue getting the cases to split, i dont wanna just start bangin of stuff but i think i got all the bolts out im not sure if there are any hiding anywhere or if there is something that has to be done to split them??? got the 6 inside and all the ones around on outside

there is an o-ring that holds it...that about it...other than the outside screw on the clamp/dial

start with the oil pan...remove the balancer and remove the bolt under it (be sure to put it back)......

take out the red (under the balancer) flip it over and then the upper bolts then flip it back over and remove the light blue, the yellow, then the green (crank) in reverse sequence.

Let me know how that light blue turns out for you. That one I broke during reinstall

Keep a diagram of where the bolts go back in and put them in the same spot as they came out. I used cardboard an dpoked holes in a drawing of the outline of the cases..one for the upper and one for the lower

Crankcaseboltscopy.jpg

Last edited:
ok got them split......the reason why i took the engine out and had to split the cases is cause second was slipping real bad.... all the dogs look good and one of the forks is a rashed from rubbing against something.. but i dont see why it was slipping in second??
oh and ony of the forks is like a blue ish green or something but not a burnt blue

oh and it looks like my gears been under cut already from pictures that ive seen of undercutting

I removed them in a criss cross pattern to ease up on the tension...except the crank was in reverse sequence little at a time

ok you are ahead of me. There is a die on the forks. mine had a couple of raw spots out of he die..but nothing major. I had a new set bought already in case mine were bad

IMG_0161.jpg

is there any raw metal showing on the forks?

check for service limits on the shift forks and roll your shift shafts on a piece of glass and check for any warping

one of the shift forks has some rubbing... but to me it doesnt seem like that would make it come out of second it seems like there something that is making the fork rub ... something else is the cause but idk......???

THE FIRST FORK IN THE PIC IS THE ONE THAT HAS RUBBING U CAN SEE IT ALIL BIT IN THE PIC

Last edited:
one of the shift forks has some rubbing... but to me it doesnt seem like that would make it come out of second it seems like there something that is making the fork rub ... something else is the cause but idk......???

THE FIRST FORK IN THE PIC IS THE ONE THAT HAS RUBBING U CAN SEE IT ALIL BIT IN THE PIC
What did u find out about this cause in having the same problem and pulled mine out and tranny looks normal but shift fork been rubbing against 2nd gear....what did u do and how is it working

Back