Spinners for busa

honestly bro, i went down to a shop here in So.Cal that had the rc spinners.was ready to buy a set for the busa but after setting them next to the bike. it looked like u wouldnt even be able to see to much of the rim . and at that price i got make sure they will be seen,so i just got pm wheels instead but ur chioce. if u get them i wanna see a pic,good luck

what about safety? I heard that you cannot do high speeds if you have spinners installed? Because of the vibration created by the movement of the spinner? Building a custom bike here and it would be a pity if I would not be able to take it for a nice quick ride...

Another question: Should I go with a single-sided or "normal" swingarm for a 300mm tire? Heard that "normal" swingarms are safer and single-siders are mostly for the show. True? Not?

Spinners are okay but i wouldn't go 150 with them on they change the inertia of the bike heavily,you don't take a pinto to a porsche race so don't take a how show bike out for land speed racing.they are fine for shows and plaing around at low speed.

either arm is gonna do you fine gonna be the same as the wheels on the arm.it's for so not high speed go...just don't use a strut if you do the wide tire kit.or you will be sorry.

rather this is true or not read on another board that they were rated to 100 mph that was it
sad.gif

I've had my spinners on for over a year, and I have had no high speed issues. I have been to 190 MPH with no issues.
I even go to the track. keep them cleaned and lubed and you'll be fine. (RC Compnents Wicked Spinners) I also removed the front right brake caliper/rotor for a better view.

Steve_102.jpg

what about safety? I heard that you cannot do high speeds if you have spinners installed? Because of the vibration created by the movement of the spinner? Building a custom bike here and it would be a pity if I would not be able to take it for a nice quick ride...

Another question: Should I go with a single-sided or "normal" swingarm for a 300mm tire? Heard that "normal" swingarms are safer and single-siders are mostly for the show. True? Not?
with a 300 you can go either way because you won't be doing much hard riding anyway.

If your getting a 300 rear, then get spinners. Make sure its a good brand.

You're obviously not hitting canyons hard or trackdays so get'em and have fun!!
biggrin.gif

Everyone has their own opinion, but I think they look silly. Just my $.02.

thanks for your input, everybody....don't know...still not sure which way to go...heard a lot of baD things about spinners at high speeds... You are right, I will not do much cornering, but I want to be able at least to run it straight without any worries.
installing a stage 1 turbo as well, so safety issues are just constantly roaming my head....
anybody has a video of spinners on their bike?
thanks again:D

You should ride a busa with a 300 on it before you put a turbo on it. you might shift in a different direction.

what do spinners cost just out of curiosity
rock.gif
Local guy was telling me $10K but he's a  crack dealer. I think I heard they go for around $4K + the $4K for the 300 kit. Just what i've heard. ya never know if it's the truth or someone trying to impress you with the amount of Jack they throw at their ride.
I rode the crack dealer's bike with the spinners on it. I had to almost climb up on the seat and throw my knee on the edge to get it to go around the 35 mph turn @ 40! On my busa I hit it easily going 60 all the time. Not impressed with them.
BUT that's why we have choices huh... If ya like the bling and aren't gonna hit any curves faster then the posted limit ... knock yourself out  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139807024 -->

Back