speedo help

t5stang91

Registered
it's an 06 was working fine , took it out the other day and noticed that the speedo wasn't working and then eventually it was bobbing but didn't continue to be acurate. Heard that it is a magnetic speedo, is there a way to clean it off? if so where should i clean. searched a couple of pages here and couldn't find anything . any help is appreciated.thanks

small cover above the shifter. Access to front sprocket. Might be greasy :whistle: Good luck

There's a connector there, thinking that's the pickup coil. All from memory manuals use to be hosted here. Maybe you can find them. Big help.

On mine, the previous owner broke off the wheel speed sensor when changing the front clutch. Part of it was spinning while the bike was in gear (causing the speedo to "bobble") I got down there and realized that he tried to JB WELD the damn thing together! Which obviously didn't last. I just took it off to prevent damage and have to use my GPS as a speedo. :down:

Hopefully someone didn't break if off on your bike. I actually have an extra wheel speed sensor if you want it. Mine can't be salvaged without replacing the rod it connects to coming out of the tranny.

So yeah, check that. It takes 5mins.

On mine, the previous owner broke off the wheel speed sensor when changing the front clutch. Part of it was spinning while the bike was in gear (causing the speedo to "bobble") I got down there and realized that he tried to JB WELD the damn thing together! Which obviously didn't last. I just took it off to prevent damage and have to use my GPS as a speedo. :down:

Hopefully someone didn't break if off on your bike. I actually have an extra wheel speed sensor if you want it. Mine can't be salvaged without replacing the rod it connects to coming out of the tranny.

So yeah, check that. It takes 5mins.

where the alen screw holds it on is stripped or something? i had to order a new speed rotor thingy and mine was alil to wide to fit so i got my drimmel and grinded it down to fit snug in the spot and screwed it in

the allen bolt hole is fine, i took out that sensor cleaned it off with my hand and reinstalled it. it worked when i took it around the block so i thought it was fixed,then i left later that day and it periodically works here and there. can i take the sensor out and spray brake cleaner in there and then rewax the chain later? there was a bunch of metal filings on the sensor , which i assume is from the chain. is there something else in there that the sensor reads off of that i can clean with brak clean or do i have to take the cover off and wipe it down? or does someone think it is the speedo unit itself?

Back