Speed by GPS

NavyLucky78

Registered
I know the speedo is way off once you pass 50mph so I installed a nice Garmin 450 to tell me where the nearest Hooters is and to tell me how fast I am really going. Before yesterday my highest recorded speed was 155....now I am proud to say that it is up to 165. I was just sad to notice how far off the speedo was...not that I was looking anywhere but the road...on a closed track. :whistle:

The speedo was over 180...I used to have a huge ego about how fast I had gone before I had the GPS. I still have a huge ego about it, but I also have goals that I have to re-accomplish.

darnit.... so i wasnt really going 190(i have a tre) after the speedo maxed out for a few seconds the other day?? Well.. the gixxer1000 was waaaaaaay back there so...eh...

My new goal is to really go past the cut off. I have a TRE also. Maybe I was better off without the GPS....hehehe

signs053.gif

stretcher.gif

If I didn't have the GPS then I wouldn't know what I am really missing...I'd have been happy thinking I was doing over 180....

Just be happy you got up there and nothing happened. I got mine up to 150 on my Speedo so I guess that is like 135 or is it that far off?

Just be happy you got up there and nothing happened. I got mine up to 150 on my Speedo so I guess that is like 135 or is it that far off?
That's exactly what my speedo and GPS told me.

I've been 150 max by speedo and the GPS said 135.

O7 bone stock busa if that matters.

Rob

That's exactly what my speedo and GPS told me.

I've been 150 max by speedo and the GPS said 135.

O7 bone stock busa if that matters.

Rob
I just calibrated my speedohealer yesterday and I used -9.8%. That agrees with your indicated 150 and actual 135. Of course I was only going 60mph when I was doing it, LOL.

HaHa I once told a highway-patrol the reason I was doin 150+(on HIS radar) was because my speedo was a "bit" off.... :rofl: the ONLY thing that kept me outta jail was after a long (and needed) lecture, he ended up tellin me that he, himself was a proud busa owner, and we talked about bikes for like an hour...:bowdown:YES:bowdown: I will never luck out like this again...:whistle:

Thank goodness there are some police out there that understand. I was arrested once on a bike, but the cop was still cool about it and I respect him for that. Should I have been going 150? Nope, and I knew that...he knew I knew and didn't give me crap about it. You got lucky with that guy. Maybe we should slow it down a notch or two. hehehe

there is something very wrong with your bike, true there are off, but not that far, worse case scenario, mine is only off by 5.5mph

there is something very wrong with your bike, true there are off, but not that far, worse case scenario, mine is only off by 5.5mph

K9, close to 10%, 160 speedo = 146 actual.

Second bike, clock can be calibrated as standard equipment, GPS dead on, also dead on in my truck.

Back