Special Olympics

Dan

Married to HRH Grammy
Donating Member
Registered
The Mrs. and I took today off to spend the morning at a Special Olympics basketball skills competition with our son. If you haven't attended one, it is very touching to see how excited the athletes get and how much fun they have. The local high school students volunteer and do a fantastic job making the kids feel welcome and included.

Bet that had a real good time and thats what matters in life watching the kids enjoy themselfs
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I use to help out alot when my brother was in the Special Olympics, I really enjoyed watching and helping out . They all are so special in there own way. I have such a soft spot in my heart for the mentally and physicaly handycapped. My brother was fatally hit on his bike(ten speed) back in 1999. I will allways be there to help out in anyway.

My heart goes out to you and your family for the loss.

This is the 2nd time our son has competed in the basketball skills, he usually does the track stuff. Next year he will start high school and it gives us some comfort seeing so many volunteers that are just slightly older than him.

Back