Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spark Plugs which ones?

The iridium plugs are engineered for boost and juice applications, probably the best plug made.

I have a 04 Busa and ever since i put yosh pipes on it(bolt ons) and blocked the pair valve off , it ran great for about 4 months (but since day one it has run real rich).If i hit the throttle to about 6-7000 rpms a few times it blows out a good bit of carbon and it runs fine for a day or so, then it goes back to running a little rough, so i bought a pc3 usb and loaded the map, no difference, i have 6300 miles on it, i am bringing it to the dealer next week to dyno it and set the pc3 , do you think i the plugs may be fouled out and i should change them before i bring it to the dyno? I am using the original plugs. Thanks Joey

I have the DENSOs IU27 mutch better than NGKs, far beter quality and in tech details, a bit more expencive but wort it.

ngk everytime m8,you could try splittfire plugs but i dont think you will find much inprovment.i think there all much the same.:;):

For what I remember you have on your bike stock plugs will be more then fine.

Buying Denso IU24's (iridium) for my nearly stock 7.8k miles '02 Busa (only non-stock item is K&N air filter). Bike had stock plugs as well. Got a hotter plug because the used ones are uniformly blackened, no melting.

Question--what gap should I use? The plugs come with a 0.35" gap and I plan on leaving the gap alone unless I can find a recommendation on different setting.

Riding will be pretty much around town--no racing, probably no long trips. This is why a hotter plug seemed to be the right choice.

I wish they made these for the busa....

10000377.gif

Top Bottom