Spark Plugs Slightly Wet- Diagnosis?

It's been a while since I've posted an update, so I wanted to chime in. Last fall I went out and purchased a compression gauge kit. After testing my compression, I found the worst- my compression numbers were through the floor. I have done as much research as I can possibly do- reading, asking questions, talking with everyone I know. This morning, I had a novel idea- get a second opinion... sort of. I found a second compression test gauge (borrowed from a friend who does automotive engines) and retested all of my numbers:

#1- 185
#2- 185
#3- 175
#4- 175

All were tested when engine was cold, and I did not do a wet compression test. Wooo hooo!!!!!

So, it's time for a different compression tool kit. I don't know why I didn't check it with an alternate.

Having said all that, I'm still having problems with idle that isn't smooth, increase in rpm's when I stop (that usually goes back to normal when I rev), and surging throttle at low rpm's. Thoughts??

I think I paid $10 with shipping for that fuel strainer. I don't understand why Suzuki thought that this was a better idea than an in-line filter.

Back